Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Poult- sounds like a fun project, I'm glad you were able to hatch some eggs from your rooster
smile.png

I have a thing for feather legged, bearded/muffed crested chickens too, hence my Silkies. Love them. But, I really think all chickens are perfect too. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite breed
big_smile.png

Same here!

My Khaki Campbell duck eggs are looking awesome.  They are wiggling around and growing great.

Poult made a good point, everyone's idea of a perfect chicken is different.

What are all your guys' idea of the perfect chicken?
Mine is just the old boring big dual purpose that grows fast and lays eggs well.  Some people maybe want that big flashy show winner that will get them noticed.

What are you guys wanting in the "perfect chicken"?

I *just* got into having chickens in October, so I have zero clue what would make the perfect chicken. Since this will be my first time attempting to hatch eggs, I'm really just hoping to get a nice mix of my current flock & to get the Phoenix bantam eggs that are being shipped to me to actually hatch. Oh, and that they hatch out healthy! :)

So its my first time incubating so I would like to join your HAL. I set 11 cream legbars, 4 EEs, 8 English Orpington in lemon cuckoo, blue,and lavender,threw in a wheaten maran as well. Hubby got me my first bator for my birthday and a friend gave me all the eggs except the EEs their from my birds. Couldn't wait so I set them this morning. Should be hatching on march 8th.

I'd like to join :)
I'm still collecting, but plan to set in about a week, which would put my eggs hatching in March. I'm waiting on my automatic egg turner to get to me too (something I've never had!). Its supposed to hold 41 chicken eggs, so that's what I'm aiming to set. The eggs are from my own Silkies and Sizzles, with maybe a few Japanese/Silkie, Phoenix/Silkie and mottled Cochin/Silkie mixes if my rooster has been quick enough to catch them to do his job ;)

What's kickin @howfunkyisurchicken

Cool mix of chickies you'll be hatching

Were hatching
Japanese bantam x Silkie
Wyandotte and partridge Plymouth rock mixed.
We'll know whick roo is involved when they hatch. My EE boys didn't get in the gene pool last hatch...lol

Ha! We meet again! :p

Are you getting in on this HAL too? I hope so, we seem to have become permanent hatching buddies!

I've been hoping for some Jap/Silkie crosses, but none of the eggs have been fertile in my previous attempts. :fl for this time! I need to send you a picture of that little grey chick I hatched from your eggs, cutest little fluffy ever. She (hopefully) is about half the size of the others I hatched from your eggs and sort of looks silver penciled!

Back
Top Bottom