• 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Ha! We meet again! :p

Are you getting in on this HAL too? I hope so, we seem to have become permanent hatching buddies!

I've been hoping for some Jap/Silkie crosses, but none of the eggs have been fertile in my previous attempts. :fl for this time! I need to send you a picture of that little grey chick I hatched from your eggs, cutest little fluffy ever. She (hopefully) is about half the size of the others I hatched from your eggs and sort of looks silver penciled!

Can't wait we gave away 4 of ours from the last hatch, 8 in a brooder box indoors was too much...LOL we had 2 black and white ones too one almost looked like a seagull

I posted a pic at Baileys page I think of all it should be an updated pic in the comments of the FOR SALE pics.

for some reason I can't get pics to load here
facebook.com/BaileysBirdsSC7

To me, the perfect chicken is one that matures fast, is a good duel purpose bird, lays well, is docile and hardy, and does not need to be wormed.
I keep 9 different breeds, and the one that checks most of those boxes are cuckoo marans. Good layers, fat breasts, grow fairly quickly, handle weather well, and have great temperaments

I keep 9 different breeds, and the one that checks most of those boxes are cuckoo marans. Good layers, fat breasts, grow fairly quickly, handle weather well, and have great temperaments

I've raised Wheaten Marans, and they were great birds. I hope to get some more some time in the near future.

I've raised Wheaten Marans, and they were great birds. I hope to get some more some time in the near future.
I love my Cuckoos. I didn't do enough research, and thought they would be laying "chocolate eggs". My cuckoos average about a 3 on the marans scale, but they are my favorite all around bird. I drove two hours to pick up some French black coppers a month ago, and the eggs on site were what I have been looking for, around 7 and 8 on the scale.. So dark they looked wet. I can't wait until these girls start laying, and they are just as docile as the cuckoos

Back
Top Bottom