Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
I just keep telling myself sunday will be here before I know it. That's day 7 so I should see viens and some movement right?
1f424.png

Last edited:
I have joined in as of Valentine's Day. I have 58 eggs in the incubator. 24 are purebred from a breeder, kind of a mix: 7 Speckled Sussex, 5 Heritage Barred Plymouth Rock, and a dozen English Orpington (2 Buff, 3 white, and 7 black/blue splash). The rest are barnyard mix from my flock and two friends. Four of the mix eggs are at least half EE and likely full as my head rooster, Booster, is EE. But I have seen my EE hen, Sparkles, consorting with my Light Brahma rooster,Raj. The rest have Rhode Island Red, Partridge Rock, Black Australorp and Buff Orpington for potential moms an dads could be EE, Light Brahma, Barred Plymouth Rock or even a last hoorah from one of my Buff Orpington roosters before they recently went to freezer camp. Two styrofoam incubators are running and going well so far. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I have joined in as o
f Valentine's Day. I have 58 eggs in the incubator. 24 are purebred from a breeder, kind of a mix: 7 Speckled Sussex, 5 Heritage Barred Plymouth Rock, and a dozen English Orpington (2 Buff, 3 white, and 7 black/blue splash). The rest are barnyard mix from my flock and two friends. Four of the mix eggs are at least half EE and likely full as my head rooster, Booster, is EE. But I have seen my EE hen, Sparkles, consorting with my Light Brahma rooster,Raj. The rest have Rhode Island Red, Partridge Rock, Black Australorp and Buff Orpington for potential moms an dads could be EE, Light Brahma, Barred Plymouth Rock or even a last hoorah from one of my Buff Orpington roosters before they recently went to freezer camp. Two styrofoam incubators are running and going well so far. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

:eek: AWESOME! Congrats!

I'm so excited!!!! I've been lurking around learning a bunch over the last few months and I finally....FINALLY!!....get to be part of a hatch a long!!!

Not sure of the total number of eggs I'll have, but I'll be setting English Orpingtons in black and black cuckoo. Coolest thing?!... These were on ebay and they're only a 30 min drive so I don't have to ship them!!

These will get set this week and I'll have to sit on my hands to keep from candling!...is there a designated support group for that?!

I'm so excited!!!! I've been lurking around learning a bunch over the last few months and I finally....FINALLY!!....get to be part of a hatch a long!!!

Not sure of the total number of eggs I'll have, but I'll be setting English Orpingtons in black and black cuckoo. Coolest thing?!... These were on ebay and they're only a 30 min drive so I don't have to ship them!!

These will get set this week and I'll have to sit on my hands to keep from candling!...is there a designated support group for that?!

I hope so if there is a group for that I need to join.

Oh my gosh, we may be setting a couple peacock eggs, got the message as I was getting ready to fill the incubator. If the weather can warm up just a bit today we can go pick up...lucky us

Back
Top Bottom