Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
today is day 17, and of 15 eggs we culled one at day 4 and the rest of them all look viable. 11 of them show STRONG signs of growth, and the remaining 3 are just plain hard tell. We are very suprised with how well we are doing with these shipped eggs. When we go to lockdown, how concerned should we be about opening it to add water to maintain humidity? Just trying to determine if we need to "rig" a way to supply water without opening.

today is day 17, and of 15 eggs we culled one at day 4 and the rest of them all look viable. 11 of them show STRONG signs of growth, and the remaining 3 are just plain hard tell. We are very suprised with how well we are doing with these shipped eggs. When we go to lockdown, how concerned should we be about opening it to add water to maintain humidity? Just trying to determine if we need to "rig" a way to supply water without opening.
Great! That is exceptional for shipped eggs.
big_smile.png

Wow, chicks due tomorrow officially but already have one pip! Kind of want them to wait since I have a 12-hr overnight shift tonight. Oh we'll, they're going to do what they're going to do!

I just lift the lid, grab them out one at a time into an egg carton, then close the incubator. I candle/weigh/mark as needed, then one by one they go back into the bator. I wouldn't just stand there with the lid off. You would loose a lot of heat that way. If they are shipped eggs be very gentle, if not, you can man-handle the heck out of them and they will be fine. Haha

My Little Giants are getting kinda crowded. 8 eggs are going into lockdown tonight. Yeah
goodpost.gif

Still havent received a few PM's! If you do not send me the info i will have to remove your name from the list and five BYC all the info that i have!
Not sure what you are asking for.....I sent a reply to you on here, and a pm about joining. Have not received any messages from you so I assume everything is OK?
idunno.gif

Just set 24 eggs in my incubator today. Expected hatch date March 22nd 2015.

Welsummer x 3
Maran x 1
Leghorn x 12
Buff Sussex x 1
Cream Legbar x 5
Golden Laced Wyandotte x 2

My first lockdown is wednesday.. we are in day 15 right now

I candled the eggs last night, removed the 4 infertile, and 2 blood rings .. I'm thinking 0 of my welsummers are fertile and I just don't see anything but they are so thick I can't say for sure it's " yellow " so just gonna let them sit...

Now... so since all the others are actively moving and progressing as they should be. They won't ALL hatch will they? Sadly some will pass before hatching?

Back
Top Bottom