clap.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

First to hatch:

Second to hatch:

Third to hatch:

Fourth to hatch:

I have a staggered hatch going (I have 2 incubators) with 3 hatch dates, the 12th, the 20th and the 24th. I have a Cream Legbar rooster, and set fertilized eggs by him from Cream legbar hens, Easter Eggers, and 2 eggs from White Leghorns (for the fun of it). The majority of the eggs are Straight Cream legbar, but I accidentally hatched out two blue EE eggs (CL fertilized)5 months ago and love how the 2 pullets I got turned out. They are large, robust, healthy, sturdy, and beautiful. One started laying eggs yesterday. She laid a 60 gram blue egg 2 days in a row!!! Those are huge eggs for being the first 2! It was so awesome, that when I culled out 17 cream Legbar eggs that were not developing yesterday, I replaced them with 17 EE eggs fertilized by my CL rooster! I'm Hoping for more of those EE x CL crosses that I call Easter Bars!

The Cabinet(Old entertainment center) protects the incubator from the 2 predators in the picture:

Last edited:
I hatched out six days ago and we had some silkies that had the frizzle gene and we are on day six and I'm not seeing any frizzeling yet? Starting to worry because that's what I really wanted. How long does it take before you can tell, I've heard days and over a week,?

I'm at day 21, no pips no peeps. I think I killed my hatch.
hit.gif
Air cells were too large at day 14 but there was movement in several. I increased humidity and aircells looked better by lockdown. My LG can't keep up with humidity changes. It's not to offend I use heat where I live but there was a few cold nights and when I woke up humidity was 16. Next time I will put a humidifier in the room. DH told me to invest in a better incubator. I'm so frustrated I can get 100% hatch on my eggs and I can't get a shipped egg to hatch. How long should I give these to hatch? I'm not too hopeful since there isn't even a peep.

What is a good small incubator? I can't afford a large cabinet model.

Got home last night at 7:00 (Day 20), and had six pips. Went to bed at 11:00 and had a chick and a zipper. Woke up this morning to 7 chicks and a ton of pips. I should have a 'bator full by the time I get home from work. Like poult, I increased from 99.5 on the display to 100.0. That made all the difference in the world. Now they are hatching on time, and closer together. I have also decided that 40-42% humidity is my magic number

23 viable eggs loaded, and a great start. This may be my best hatch yet
fl.gif

Congrates scflock!
My first attempt at hatching was in an LG still air. Not the easiest incubator in the world to use. My results were so bad that I waited until I could afford a Brinsea to keep hatching with. I would say, from what I have read, that the best bang for the buck is the Hovabator forced air. Not as pricey as the Brinsea and more stable than the LG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom