MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up to babies!!!

Well, actually one hatched last night, and there were 5 pips. I thought it would take them longer and there wouldn't be much action overnight. Well, there's four babies in there now and lots more pips! There are 33 eggs in there of a few different varieties. Now, I don't know who's who!! Gaaah!! When it's all over I'm going to have quite a puzzle to figure out... broken shells and fluffy babies. Hopefully I'll straighten it all out later.

So what's in there:
1 B (BO)
3 B
1 CM (WFBS) - pip now
2 SS
1 LK
1 CM (A/BR) - pip now
14 CM
9 BCM
1 surprise egg - first to hatch, grey silkie

there's now a yellow chick, a black one with yellowish head, a brownish one, and the grey one

I wish I used the cartons again this time, I think it would help me remember the locations of each, and I'd be able to see the marks on top of the eggs. The way they're all laying on their sides, I can't see a lot of the identifying marks and I'm just guessing at what's what. Darn, darn, darn!!

I'll have to post pics later. My bator has two small viewing windows and doesn't make for great pics.

gaeamama - Congratulation...
ya.gif
exciting!!!

* 5 pips now! One of the ee's has pipped, yay... none of my bantams or ee's hatched last time, so I'm really exited

Congrats Monicas they are so cute and congrats Gaeamomma!! I woke up to a completely hatched EE chick who is 2 days early and one of my others is pipping. The EE came from my birds I have a feeling my broody was giving me a slight head start...I have some JG and silkies due at the same time also in the bator from eggbid and they havent started pipping yet. So I wasn't ready this early! lol

Our two March babies

Muscovy (egg rescued nest abandoned by one of my hens)
26820_dsc09733.jpg

The solid gold chick in back is our one surviving chick from our bator (the wyandotte is a feedstore chick and the stripy one died after a few days)
26820_dsc09730.jpg

Cute ducky... I want one!

Do any of you all talk to your eggs/chickies when they are trying to hatch... I do, lol. I cheep cheep back... lil bantam is zipping think its gonna be the 1st to hatch!

Quote:
Yes, that is exciting! We'll all be looking for your report.

thanks... super excited.I will definitely be giving everyone an update :) The motor is pretty loud.. hopefully we will be able to hear chirping and peeping still? We are using the THI20 incubator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom