March hatch along

Still empty here. :(

I REEALLLLYYYY need Partridge Brahma eggs. :/ (or did I mention that multiple times already?)

I would be happy with BO or BR though. ;) Just looking around for just the right time/price/breed combo.

:lau you sound just like me!! Husbands.. Why don't they just understand already!? ;)

He totally understands, especially after this morning when we had to euthanize my favorite bird. He wanted to keep trying to save it, but there was nothing that could be done, even the vet who operated on him said he couldn't do anything for him. We did the right thing.

So I confessed to him that I have the bantam Cochin and BCM eggs coming this week, and he was okay with that,lol. He didn't even ask me "what are you going to do with them" or "what about the eggs already in the incubator!?!"

RIP Cheeky Bean. I loved you more than any bird.
I'm still mourning, missing his softest feathers. Are all australorps' feathers very soft? Or was that just him due to being a mix?

He totally understands, especially after this morning when we had to euthanize my favorite bird. He wanted to keep trying to save it, but there was nothing that could be done, even the vet who operated on him said he couldn't do anything for him. We did the right thing.

So I confessed to him that I have the bantam Cochin and BCM eggs coming this week, and he was okay with that,lol. He didn't even ask me "what are you going to do with them" or "what about the eggs already in the incubator!?!"

I'm still mourning, missing his softest feathers. Are all australorps' feathers very soft? Or was that just him due to being a mix?

So sorry you had to put him down.
hugs.gif

Well I was on Craigslist just checking out chicks for sale and there were Delaware chicks for $2 each and they were just 10 min. down the road, so since they were so close, I went and got 6. When my daughter got home from school I needed to go to TSC....Well I bet you can guess what happened next..... my daughter had taken her own $ and said "Mom they have bantams and I have my own money, so can I please get some?"

Can you say sucker.... yep we came home with 6 chicks. They didn't have any marked down, but the girl told me to come back in a few days.....lol

Here are the Delaware...

Here are the bantam... any thoughts on what they are?

Now depending on males/females I can have a bigger variety of eggs next year.

Sorry to hear about Cheeky. At least you will have something to distract you with all the eggs coming.... I'm jealous! My BCM eggs wont be coming till mid-month! I've had such bad luck with them in the past... lousy hatches, poor stock, etc. I am starting over for the third time in trying to get a foundation flock to work with.... It's great to hear how many are still hatching away, I am looking forward to hear all about the hatches and see the pics....

Back
Top Bottom