March hatch along

I saw you posted in the April hatch a long that you had Marans....... did they hatch?  I am so jealous, I want some so bad.

Yes, I realized though that I was on the wrong thread! I don't know how I had gotten it in my head that would be an April hatch. :)

Ended up with six hatched out of nine locked down that hatch. Two never externally pipped, and one was a slow/sticky/lazy hatcher and didn't pull through.

I am gonna do more Marans again soon, too. I have a month-old black roo and splash pullet that I just love!! Can't wait to add to them.
Not to rub it in but i am supposed to get 24 BCM eggs next week....

Love them. They're tough little chicks. :)

I have some marans in but they were set and are due in April.

I set some more silkie and EE eggs in March, not sure their due date, trying not to obsess over it!
That wonderful! I hope the no-stress method works for you. I have an ACTUAL EGG TURNER!!! for this hatch so I have great hope that fewer interruptions in temp and humidity will do very well. :)

Not to rub it in but i am supposed to get 24 BCM eggs next week....

Yes, I realized though that I was on the wrong thread! I don't know how I had gotten it in my head that would be an April hatch.
smile.png

Ended up with six hatched out of nine locked down that hatch. Two never externally pipped, and one was a slow/sticky/lazy hatcher and didn't pull through.

I am gonna do more Marans again soon, too. I have a month-old black roo and splash pullet that I just love!! Can't wait to add to them.
Love them. They're tough little chicks.
smile.png

I have some marans in but they were set and are due in April.

I set some more silkie and EE eggs in March, not sure their due date, trying not to obsess over it!

Ok you all are killing me.....I just don't think I can do another set . I was hoping to find 2-3 chicks, but no one around me has any, and I haven't seen Marana at TSC.

Plus my BYM and Bantam Cochins are on day 19.

Last edited:
Ok you all are killing me.....I just don't think I can do another set .   I was hoping to find 2-3 chicks, but no one around me has any, and I haven't seen Marana at TSC.

Dang! I guess I spend so much time on my GA thread, I get in the habit of thinking everyone lives near me lol. I was about to say I'd donate a few! ;)

Ok you all are killing me.....I just don't think I can do another set .   I was hoping to find 2-3 chicks, but no one around me has any, and I haven't seen Marana at TSC.

what's BYM?
My bantam cochin eggs were completely scrambled in the mail. She sent me more today...I was hoping to wait til these were past their due date to see if anything hatches!

That wonderful! I hope the no-stress method works for you. I have an ACTUAL EGG TURNER!!! for this hatch so I have great hope that fewer interruptions in temp and humidity will do very well. :)
I have one genesis with Turner, one without...I ordered another Turner last night lol. Then my husband bought me the octagon 40 this morning with turner. I can handle doing humidity and temps...turning them by hand just isn't adequate in my eyes. A good broody hen turns her eggs every 15 minutes, 3-5 times per day is no where near 96 times per day!

I have one genesis with Turner, one without...I ordered another Turner last night lol. Then my husband bought me the octagon 40 this morning with turner. I can handle doing humidity and temps...turning them by hand just isn't adequate in my eyes. A good broody hen turns her eggs every 15 minutes, 3-5 times per day is no where near 96 times per day!
Really! I had no idea they actually purposefully turned them. Always wondered where we got that from.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom