March hatch along

Well it's not necessarily a Brahma fear, more a shipping fear. Although, I DID have those seven gold laced eggs my first hatch, five of which weren't even fertile and the other two died. :(

That's so sad!
My first shipped eggs are doing well, and God willing I won't have any problems with them.
My marans and cochins on the other hand...0 on the Cochin's and hard to say with the marans, I have seen some development in at least one, so I'm hopeful!

celebrate.gif
Ok here is the update.... out of my backyard mix, 8 have hatched and the rest have pipped!!

As for my bantam cochin, 4 have pipped out of the 13 and it is only day 20.
wee.gif

Last edited:
@GR Chicks - That looks almost exactly like my March hatch. Mine were rhodebars, marans, SBEL. I moved them outside to their new grow pen day before yesterday and they love the new digs.

5 turkey eggs in the bator still doing great. Tomorrow is day 21 for them, so lockdown is Monday. My turkey hen also went broody and she is setting on 6 of her own eggs, but one is 3-4 days behind the others. The ones I let her have should be due around May 4th. I just wrote the date on the one I found today in case I have to finish it off in the bator. I'm quite honored that she will allow me to move her to look at her eggs, but she gives everybody else plenty of crap if they mess with her. :)

Last edited:
@GR Chicks - That looks almost exactly like my March hatch. Mine were rhodebars, marans, SBEL. I moved them outside to their new grow pen day before yesterday and they love the new digs.

5 turkey eggs in the bator still doing great. Tomorrow is day 21 for them, so lockdown is Monday. My turkey hen also went broody and she is setting on 6 of her own eggs, but one is 3-4 days behind the others. The ones I let her have should be due around May 4th. I just wrote the date on the one I found today in case I have to finish it off in the bator. I'm quite honored that she will allow me to move her to look at her eggs, but she gives everybody else plenty of crap if they mess with her. :)

Happy Hatching! Look forward to seeing some turkey pics.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom