March hatch along

After u set eggs u have to wash because as the eggs heat up they will cause increase jn temp so keel an eye don't fiddle with it often let the temp get to where u it's set and make small adjustments as needed

I've got goose eggs in my incubator now, but I am quite certain that after 10 days that they are infertile. :( I am thinking I will set some chickens just because. I've got a mixed up crew of farm layers, but could use a few to grow out into the freezer. It is still too cold to get much work on breeding pens done out there. Maybe I will also join you all!

I set just 10 eggs from my own flock on Feb 13th in my Brinsea. This is an experimental hatch. I have my Black Ameraucana Roo over some BCM, Blue Copper Ameraucanas, and some of my olive eggers. I'm trying for new shades of olive layers.

So yesterday was day 7. I candled. 9 eggs developing, one blood ring. So far, so good.

Has anyone else candled yet?

I candled mine on Tue. night which was day 7 for me, and I have a few ? one for sure bloodring, and a couple clears. I have Blue and Black Copper Maran eggs in there so The only thing I can look for right now is wether they are darker or not. Can't see any veining in them. 2 of those seem to be clear because the others were so much darker, but I am leaving them in there until at least day 14 when I candle again, but my BR eggs I can see veining and movement! I have a total of 30 in there, and my hatch day is, March 4th. Good luck on your eggs.

I usually dont candle since i usually hatch blue eggs or bcm eggs. It 's always so hard to see anything early on. I will try to do it this time to keep everyone up to date... I am curious myself since i have some shipped eggs that i am very interested in and my lavender am pullets were a total bust first time through . They were covered by my black am rooster last time and i had them covered by my best laveder cockerel this time . Both males have proven fertile so i am hoping that since the pullets are a little older they will produce fertile eggs this time. I'll try to candle tonight or tomorrow and let everyone know how i make out. My eggs were set on the 14th

I'd like to join in too! I've got a bunch of LF Salmon Faverolles eggs coming in the mail next week, one dozen from BYC member SahwithChicks and another dozen I purchased through an ebay person. Hoping to set them next Thursday or Friday depending upon when they get here.

Back
Top Bottom