March hatch along

Me too no eggs for now, why can't I just keep hatching. Maybe hubby would go for some turkey eggs, hmmmm. Tomorrow is big day I will process my roos and serve to my family in town. Hope they are yummy. Maybe if I process enough I can get some more eggs for hatching, hmmmm. Mwaa hahahahaha!

I want turkey and/or quail eggs BAD!

I want to hatch turkey eggs

Here are the last ones I hatched. It was in May 2012. I started them off indoors and transferred them outside when they were feathered. When they were about 4-1/2 weeks old I walked out to their grow pen to feed and water and found all 4 of them dead. I don't know what happened to them.
I've been trying to secure another incubator so that I can use one as a hatcher and hatch all I can from this pair of mine. I got scared because my Tom started staying in the house all day. I was afraid he was going to go downhill and die on me, so I started incubating from them as soon as the chicks were done.
Today I realized that it looks like he is trying to talk Suzy into being broody! I guess if she's still in there in a couple days and he's still on guard I'll let them have the 4 eggs I have collected back.

Here are the last ones I hatched. It was in May 2012. I started them off indoors and transferred them outside when they were feathered. When they were about 4-1/2 weeks old I walked out to their grow pen to feed and water and found all 4 of them dead. I don't know what happened to them. I've been trying to secure another incubator so that I can use one as a hatcher and hatch all I can from this pair of mine. I got scared because my Tom started staying in the house all day. I was afraid he was going to go downhill and die on me, so I started incubating from them as soon as the chicks were done. Today I realized that it looks like he is trying to talk Suzy into being broody! I guess if she's still in there in a couple days and he's still on guard I'll let them have the 4 eggs I have collected back.
they are so cute! I wonder what happened to them? I've read that turkey poults are very fragile. Here's hoping for a broody hen!

I had my first egg hatch this morning and the other one is peeping at me!! They are under a broody hen.
jumpy.gif

Hi guys, I can't remember what I've posted pics of and what I haven't.. So I'll post a few. Sorry if they're repeats.

Here are a couple of my hatch from last weekend (French Copper Marans).. It ended up much better than my first hatch. Put nine into lockdown.. Ended up with six chicks, two splash and what I BELIEVE to be four blue, but the blues from this line are so dark it's hard to decide. Right now they're all sleeping lol. (One went to a new home already)

Then, if you'll remember my first cat-hatch-trophe.. I ended up with one single Marans baby? Well, my friend brought me two babies to keep that one company. My original baby ended up dying very suddenly, but the two friend babies are doing fantastic and I'm just in LOVE with them!! A black roo and what I feel- and hope- to be a pullet, splash in color.

Here they are. They are a few weeks old now and growing like weeds! :love

I just think her little wings are so pretty

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom