Marek or Coccidiosis?

I see they say there was heavy growth of Clostridium Perfrengins, I'm not familiar with this, did a quick google search and it says it takes an antimicrobial to kill it.

@Eggcessive was the state of decomposition due to the clostridium? It sounds like a nasty bug. (Sorry, just trying to learn :oops: )

I see they say there was heavy growth of Clostridium Perfrengins, I'm not familiar with this, did a quick google search and it says it takes an antimicrobial to kill it.

@Eggcessive was the state of decomposition due to the clostridium? It sounds like a nasty bug. (Sorry, just trying to learn :oops: )
Sorry, my mistake, but I only saw the one page of the report. It was hard to read sideways, but I missed one whole page. I did not see the clostridium or the eimeria species. She had both enteritis (C. perfringens ) and coccidiosis. Enteritis is treated with several antibiotics, such as amoxicillin and others. Coccidiosis is usually treated with Corid, but toltrazuril or sulfa antibiotics may be necessary if it is a more severe strain.

Yes, I would say the condition and decay might have been related to the enteritis. Here is a good article about enteritis:
https://extension.psu.edu/avian-nec...ilers.&text=The causative agent of necrotic,C.

Sorry, my mistake, but I only saw the one page of the report. It was hard to read sideways, but I missed one whole page. I did not see the clostridium or the eimeria species. She had both enteritis (C. perfringens ) and coccidiosis. Enteritis is treated with several antibiotics, such as amoxicillin and others. Coccidiosis is usually treated with Corid, but toltrazuril or sulfa antibiotics may be necessary if it is a more severe strain.

Yes, I would say the condition and decay might have been related to the enteritis. Here is a good article about enteritis:
https://extension.psu.edu/avian-necrotic-enteritis#:~:text=This disease can cause high mortality, primarily in juvenile broilers.&text=The causative agent of necrotic,C.
I had no idea such a thing existed 😳 I hope the OP can find a successful treatment.

Here are the final results.

Attachments

• 20240209_113926.jpg
    20240209_113926.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240209_113917.jpg
    20240209_113917.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 18
I'm so sorry it was Mareks, it is good that you know for sure. There are some good posts and resources on BYC and online.

Back
Top Bottom