Marek's incubation

Sick but still alive is their preference so they can humanely euthanize it and be in the best condition possible for testing. The one I sent to them had died overnight and I didn't find him until early the next morning, so he wasn't in the best shape even before I shipped him. If your third one is showing the same symptoms, it might not be a bad idea to take it there. That's easier said than done, I know. Sadly there's no way to diagnose Mareks on a live chicken.

My son is taking him Friday. No, it's not easy at all. I'd be more favorable to something that I could treat. I seriously don't want to lose anymore chickens

First died from a tumor. Second had avian pox and respiratory distress. Had no clue he was having a hard time breathing. Didn't notice the tiny bumps until I got results and a few of my chickens have them on their combs and face... What can I give them to keep them from dying??

First of all, I want to say thank goodness that it wasn't Mareks! Fowl pox on it's own isn't usually fatal. I'm assuming that they have dry pox as opposed to wet. The wet is the more dangerous of the two. As far as I know, the only thing you can really do is let it run its course. Sounds to me that the respiratory distress is what did your second bird in. I'd just keep an eye on them all. It's been a couple of weeks since you took your bird in, so I'm sure the pox has been running its course throughout that time. Just keep an eye out for secondary issues is about all I can suggest. Thanks for coming back with results!

Not a problem. Any questions about the injections just ask. I got my crash course on them early this year. Through my own birds and helping some friends ive gotten pretty good at sticking birds. Remember Tylan goes under the skin not in the muscle.

Back
Top Bottom