Mare's Illegal Cute-ness (Call Duck) Chat Thread!!

FB_IMG_1697377206737.jpg

I love my two little drakes. They are so Sweet and don't bother anybody since there are just the two. I had to do surgery on one of them but he seems to be fine as that was almost a month ago. I am so glad that I was able to trade some big drakes for them. They are much easier on all of my hens since I only have two of them.

I wish you could send me some chocolates! I hatched one but it died after a few days.

I have chickens, calls, black east indies, runners, Welsh harlequin, peafowl and sebastopol geese.

My calls include white, pastel, black magpie, blue bibbed, gray, snowy, butterscotch and penciled. So you see...I still have a few more colors to add.
Do you possibly have pictures of the white, pastel, blue bibbed, gray, snowy, and penciled as babies? :love:fl I ordered 2 of the assortment from metzers, and they’ll be different colors, and they don’t have duckling pictures for them on the website. I’m hoping for 1 penciled, but I want to know which colors go to which adult.

Do you possibly have pictures of the white, pastel, blue bibbed, gray, snowy, and penciled as babies? :love:fl I ordered 2 of the assortment from metzers, and they’ll be different colors, and they don’t have duckling pictures for them on the website. I’m hoping for 1 penciled, but I want to know which colors go to which adult.
Let us know how it goes for you! This is the first time I've seen call ducks at Metzer! I might have to place an order this spring :D.

Let us know how it goes for you! This is the first time I've seen call ducks at Metzer! I might have to place an order this spring :D.
I wish they were sexed though. I had 4 little boys and had to rehome 2 of them for being hard on my Mallard gal. They were tag teaming, 3 on one. I sent two down the road and kept two. It would be my luck that I would get two more boys but I love my little Calls. I got them as three month olds thinking they would be easier on my big girls but I didn't realize they would tag team and all three climb on the back of my poor smallest Mallard. I found mine on CL and traded a guy big drakes for little ones so I wasn't out much in the deal.

@Luv Ducks Yes, I agree. I have 10 regular sized females right now. If I ordered two calls what are your thoughts on adding them? I am concerned about size and also if I get two males, will that really upset the apple cart with my all-females flock.

Back
Top Bottom