Mare's Illegal Cute-ness (Call Duck) Chat Thread!!

If we count all my birds between chickens, ducks, geese and peafowl I am well into the 60's, but don't tell my husband!

Well shoot, if we're counting the chickens as well, then I'm looking at 100 in the rear view mirror after all the hatching I did this year :th

That's funny! That's exactly what I thought 🤣 However, your total makes me feel like I have a new goal!! There are few few more colors I want... self chocolate, silver....

I mean is there really a limit? If we count all my birds between chickens, ducks, geese and peafowl I am well into the 60's, but don't tell my husband!
I didn't realize that until after I responded, then had a light bulb moment lol

Let's see... I have white, buff, blue bibbed, black bibbed, butterscotch, chocolate, blue magpie, black magpie, silver magpie (I think?), and snowy.

I was excited to hatch a couple grey and a couple blue fawn this year. Then I have a couple non-standard colored ducklings that I hatched from mixed color parents. The most interesting may be a blue bibbed hen that has a partially buff (?) bib and one cheek :hmm Though all of my ducklings have their juvenile feathers right now, so could change a bit I suppose.

As long as you have the ability to take of however many... Nope :p

@pipdzipdnreadytogo I'm in the same boat lol If we're counting all our birds, I have 104 or 105. Including: 61 or 62 Call Ducks, 20 Welsh Harlequin Ducks, 1 Blue Swedish Duck, 10 Pilgrim Geese, 6 Pomeranian Geese, 4 Sebastopol Geese, and 2 mystery mixed geese.

I didn't realize that until after I responded, then had a light bulb moment lol

Let's see... I have white, buff, blue bibbed, black bibbed, butterscotch, chocolate, blue magpie, black magpie, silver magpie (I think?), and snowy.

I was excited to hatch a couple grey and a couple blue fawn this year. Then I have a couple non-standard colored ducklings that I hatched from mixed color parents. The most interesting may be a blue bibbed hen that has a partially buff (?) bib and one cheek :hmm Though all of my ducklings have their juvenile feathers right now, so could change a bit I suppose.

As long as you have the ability to take of however many... Nope :p

@pipdzipdnreadytogo I'm in the same boat lol If we're counting all our birds, I have 104 or 105. Including: 61 or 62 Call Ducks, 20 Welsh Harlequin Ducks, 1 Blue Swedish Duck, 10 Pilgrim Geese, 6 Pomeranian Geese, 4 Sebastopol Geese, and 2 mystery mixed geese.
I wish you could send me some chocolates! I hatched one but it died after a few days.

I have chickens, calls, black east indies, runners, Welsh harlequin, peafowl and sebastopol geese.

My calls include white, pastel, black magpie, blue bibbed, gray, snowy, butterscotch and penciled. So you see...I still have a few more colors to add.

I think I'm sitting at 130 now? :duc But I should be back below 100 birds again by the end of the year.

It's not too bad, I buy 300lbs of feed about every 25 days or so. The birds free-range every afternoon so that makes up a lot of their intake. By winter my numbers are down, so less free range available but fewer birds, keeping the amount of feed roughly the same as summertime. I actually don't make anything off of their eggs beyond the obvious return of when I or my family consumes them, just in selling the extra birds off. 🙂

20230917_111107.jpg
20230917_111111.jpg
20230917_163919.jpg
20230917_163924.jpg

Back
Top Bottom