Marijuana (hemp) leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok on a serious note, if there is one here. I don't know about leaves but I do order hemp seeds for the girls and they love them. Lots of omega 3 so it gives them energy and seems to make them happier.

Would it be possible for them to poop the seeds and grow new plants, kinda like wild birds with blackberry plants, sunflowers etc? I was just thinking with free-rangers that have access to woods, etc, might just get somebody in trouble! lol

I really do love all the humorous comments, but DuckLady carries a big stick, so I'll stick to the serious side. :oops:

Funniest thing I have read all week!!!
I am growing 2 plants that are now about 6ft tall and the birds just ignore them. I had to fence them off when they were small plants because they were eating them at that point.
I found these 2 plants growing in my compost pile. So, this is my first experience with growing weed.

that was funny, And, more to the OP, it sounds like folks have been doing it to no ill effect but I would like to say that depending on the line, the THC level could be high enough to effect the bird. the flowers can in fact give a head high without heating. the blend of THC's to CBD's can make a big difference. I don't know how chickens are effected or if they are effected differently. my guess would be a cautious approach, especially with the flowers. as for it being potentially medicinal, I don't see why not. If it effects chickens in a similar way, allowing them access to a small amount of the flower might stimulate appetite and reduce pain. strains that are higher in CBS's are likely better for arthritic/rheumatic conditions as seems to be the case in humans. In WA state you can grow plants if you are registered for medical marajuana. I have no idea how much or if enough THC/CBD could get into the eggs to either be medicinal or trigger a positive on a drug test, but something to keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom