MarineCorpFarmr Egg BOMB, A new Beginning! Follow along in his journey to a new flock!

Great! I hope you have a great hatch from them. Hopefully we can get your turkey & duck pens built back up now that the chickens are rolling. Mine are also NPIP, so no need to retest as long as you don't brood them with untested.

Awesome. Means I can band em myself soon as they big enough to not fall off lol. I almost feel bad for the non npip chicks lol they all in prison together lol. The npips im letting roam the barn together. Cold n crappy today... 76 yesterday going down to mid 20s tonight.

So I have about 35 chicks held back that will be going to my flock. My landlord gave me space for starting the donation flocks over so there is about 35 over there right now. Few of my brothers from the Semper FI foundation have donated some extra heat bulbs and a good bit of starter feed to help with raising that flock.

Great! I hope you have a great hatch from them. Hopefully we can get your turkey & duck pens built back up now that the chickens are rolling. Mine are also NPIP, so no need to retest as long as you don't brood them with untested.

Awesome. Means I can band em myself soon as they big enough to not fall off lol. I almost feel bad for the non npip chicks lol they all in prison together lol. The npips im letting roam the barn together. Cold n crappy today... 76 yesterday going down to mid 20s tonight.

So I have about 35 chicks held back that will be going to my flock. My landlord gave me space for starting the donation flocks over so there is about 35 over there right now. Few of my brothers from the Semper FI foundation have donated some extra heat bulbs and a good bit of starter feed to help with raising that flock.

That's great! I forgot to put my npip slip in with the eggs so just pm me if you need my npip number or the slip mailed to you.

That's great! I forgot to put my npip slip in with the eggs so just pm me if you need my npip number or the slip mailed to you.

do we really need npip papers or just the number for our records? always wondered about that?

Depends on your state, as do so many other things with npip. I can get away with just the numbers or a p/t test slip if they aren't npip. The program you are in tests more extensively on the ai than Ohio does so you have to check when the last ai test was done even for npip.

You may have gotten more turkey eggs than I thought. If you got any of these little tan speckled ones they may be the first eggs from my palm hen that I didn't think was laying yet. I thought these were coming from 1 of my EE pullets that just started laying & had an odd colored egg. Apparently some turkeys lay eggs this dark. :hmm

You may have gotten more turkey eggs than I thought. If you got any of these little tan speckled ones they may be the first eggs from my palm hen that I didn't think was laying yet. I thought these were coming from 1 of my EE pullets that just started laying & had an odd colored egg. Apparently some turkeys lay eggs this dark. :hmm

Lol more the merrier :)

Here are what my turkey eggs look like. The palms are on the outside, slates in the middle. You should be able to tell by the egg which are your black & blue mottleds & which are the slates (black, blue & lav).

Back
Top Bottom