1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Married BYCers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Jan 19, 2009.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Is there one thing you'd want to tell young people before they get married that maybe you wish you'd known? Or that someone told you??

PM me if its not child friendly! [​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Know how to communicate. Nobody can read minds, and if you want something - SAY IT.
    [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

One thing my dad always told me that has been beneficial:

Go into marriage with both eyes wide open. After you are married, close one eye. [​IMG]

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:I second that. [​IMG] And never go to sleep angry.

5. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

the back door is over there ------------------------------->
    now RUN

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    DON'T DO IT!!! [​IMG]

And if you do, anyway, wait to have kids until you've established your marriage as a couple, before adding kids to the chaos.

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I second that. [​IMG] And never go to sleep angry.

I third that!!

Also go into it with the mind set that you're going to make it work....not if it doesn't work we can always get a divorce.

9. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

be open and honest. especially about money. Don't let greenbacks come in between you.

Also inlaws are going to say what they will. Be united. You are married to each other. They are welcome to their opinions, but in the end it HAS to be your decisions being made for the benefit of your marriage.

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Don't ever say the word "divorce" unless you mean it. Saying the "D" word puts it in both your heads and makes you think about it. It's better if the word itself is just off-limits. It's not a word to use as a threat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by