Married BYCers

Wendy, I agree with all but the first. I know exactly what I want.

My dh was 19 and I had just turned 21 when we got married. It's not age that matters, it's commitment.

Quote:
Well in my first marriage I was 19, he was a little older than that. I thought I could change him and we were not equally yolked.

I am very happily married now and my dh is a wonderul guy. From both of our experiences this is what we have learned. I know it is not for everyone what I said. But I know some should think before they get married so young. I was told that and did not listen. But as my dh says, if my life did not take the turn it did then we probably would have never met! What a sweetie
love.gif

DH and I married at 21. We are now on our 16th year and are still very happy together. My parents were 19 & 20 and are now on their 38th year together, still very much in love. Yes, some marriages of people who were young don't work out, as some who were married later don't work out. Age is not the defining factor. I have seen so many people pass by good relationships because they felt they were too young (in their 20's), then they reach what they consider the right age and can't find their match. My DH is my forever, he was when we were 20 as much as he is now. I'm so glad we grabbed ahold of each other at 20 and made that commitment to each other. We all mature at different ages, some are ready at 20 and some aren't ready at 50. A total commitment to the marriage from both parties is what it takes. In all other points I am in agreement.

Back
Top Bottom