Maryland Poultry Swap and Farmers Market 4/22 Sharpsburg MD

I went to this last year and definitely plan on going again this year! It was so worth it. I found my darling Black Copper Maran there, and I even saw someone selling an Ayam Cemani! I really want to pick up an olive egger this time round.

Last edited:
I'm planning to go, too. I've already preregistered for a poultry seller site. I'm not 100% sure what I will be bringing, though. I have over 70 chicks of over a dozen breeds right now that will be off of heat and sexed by then.

Sun - I have been meaning to ask. Did you figure out what breeds you will be bringing for your site?

I'm feeling kind of iffy about it, what with the bird flu issue that is going on. I have a bantam Sultan pullet, a White Laced Red Cornish Bantam pullet, and a Salmon Faverolle pullet I will definitely bring unless they get sold before then. They are six months old and laying. I have about thirty Old English Game Bantams that turned five weeks old yesterday and I'll bring some of those if I can sort out who I want to keep by then. I have three Amberlink pullet chicks, a black giant pullet chick, 2 blue copper Marans chicks, 2 Rhode Island Red chicks (those might be sold though - I need to call someone back about them), one BYM that looks like a pullet so far (Marans x Gold Laced Cochin bantam), and I might have an EE or two. I have everything listed for sale locally so it depends on what sells before then, and how many turn out to be boys. I was planning to also bring Rosecombs and bantam Cochins but combs are popping up every day so I may not have any pullets to bring after all :/ Just my luck lol. I was planning to bring olive eggers but haven't set any eggs yet, though I've been saving them up and have a bakers dozen to set when I get home today.

I've made out a wishlist to keep me from doing any impulse buying while I am there. We'll see how well I can stick to it.

ETA I'm not sure if we're allowed to bring hatching eggs but if so I'll bring some olive egger and guinea eggs.

Last edited:
Gah! There is a new post on the swap's facebook page talking about how MDA will be there issuing fines to sellers who aren't NPIP and don't have permits from the state and such. I am going to have read over it more and post back here, or you can check the facebook page for the swap.

Wow! What a neat variety of birds you have! I hope the new development of the MDA inspector won't deter people from coming out to sell. I don't remember seeing hatching eggs there before (maybe I missed them) but that would be such a great addition!

I can't even bring my entire wishlist with me or I'd end up with more birds than I have space for haha! I am looking for one or two EEs (hopefully an Olive Egger). My family is gaga over colored eggs and I can't keep up with the demand lol.

Wow! What a neat variety of birds you have! I hope the new development of the MDA inspector won't deter people from coming out to sell. I don't remember seeing hatching eggs there before (maybe I missed them) but that would be such a great addition!

I can't even bring my entire wishlist with me or I'd end up with more birds than I have space for haha! I am looking for one or two EEs (hopefully an Olive Egger). My family is gaga over colored eggs and I can't keep up with the demand lol.

Well, I actually went to a poultry show this weekend and bought something not on my wishlist (a trio of gorgous show quality silver penciled rock bantams and a partridge rock bantam pullet), but I have rethought it and I think my list is filled! That is unimaginable lol but I am very happy with what I have right now. I sold the faverolle, sultan, and cornish on Friday so now I am down to chicks to sell. I put a whole bunch of EE and Marans eggs in the incubator at the end of last week but obviously those won't be ready by then.

Well, I actually went to a poultry show this weekend and bought something not on my wishlist (a trio of gorgous show quality silver penciled rock bantams and a partridge rock bantam pullet), but I have rethought it and I think my list is filled! That is unimaginable lol but I am very happy with what I have right now. I sold the faverolle, sultan, and cornish on Friday so now I am down to chicks to sell. I put a whole bunch of EE and Marans eggs in the incubator at the end of last week but obviously those won't be ready by then.

Oh those are really beautiful birds! Congrats! Any pics?

Filed your list - hahaha! I am envious! I don't think I have enough land to fill mine, even if I turned my entire property into chickenville lol. But, with the plan of a couple of goats in the works, that won't be happening.

Back
Top Bottom