MARYLAND THREAD!

Hello, I don't have any coops or runs, but I may be hatching some chicks in the spring, depending on if my girls are laying.  I have pure Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana and a bunch of mutts ;)
Hey neighbor! I am on my way to Salisbury and probably just passed your home. We live right off of 113. Woodside Lane. There used to be a restaurant called the Legacy and night club back there.
My son would love to have one of your Ameraucana chicks this spring. You can PM me and we can talk about setting that up. Hope to hear from you soon!

Hello from Frederick, MD!

I'm looking for the rules on keeping chickens on a suburban lot in Frederick. I thought it was banned if you have less than 3 acres, but I can't find the specific ordinance online. Also, does anyone know if there is an organized effort to change the law? Thanks!

Hey - all - I am in Carroll County - a Hawk just got my duckie & 1 of my 2 laying hens - anyone have laying hens or ducks they are looking to get rid of....

Depending upon what you are looking for I have one of the largest collection of rare breeds in Maryland (15 breeds at last count). I an in Upper Marlboro. Just let me know when you are ready in the Spring.

Ooooh what breeds?? Also

Does anyone have an incubator for sale? Pm me

The chicken was just a White Rock, I was not looking for anything special just an egg layer - if you have anything now let me know - that is a drive for 1 bird though......

Hey - all - I am in Carroll  County - a Hawk just got my duckie & 1 of my 2 laying hens - anyone have laying hens or ducks they are looking to get rid of....

This may sound odd -and I would quarantine! !-but have you checked your local humane society/pound? Just a thought.

That's not an odd idea at all! Local shelters get farm animals all the time, they just don't or can't advertise them the way they do dogs and cats and I would think they've been vet checked. Great deal!

Last edited:
Hey,I'm on the Eastern Shore,in Easton.We keep a flock of laying hens and some pigeons.I'd like to find a couple light Brahma hens to add.We have an older Brahma who doesnt lay anymore,but is my wife and kids pet.Also wondering if anybody here in Md is raising Red golden pheasants and some doves.We'd like to get some of those too.I work on the western shore so don't mind driving to pick up birds.Thanks

That's not an odd idea at all! Local shelters get farm animals all the time, they just don't or can't advertise them the way they do dogs and cats and I would think they've been vet checked. Great deal
Thanks - & no I did not but good idea - they end up with farm animals at times - I did find 2 new layers I got today local for $8/each - not terrible....

Back
Top Bottom