MARYLAND THREAD!

How close are you to Salisbury? Farmers and Planters on Mill St will be having Silkie pullets. I believe that it is next month. Most of their chicks are $4.00. The tractor supply in Berlin had Ameraucanas arrive on Friday. Check The Guide or Craigslist for birds too. There are some people that had to purchase 6-25 chicks when they wanted lesser amounts.

We are about an hour down fifty towards Annapolis. Thanks for the heads up, I will check out Farmers and Planters. Tracor supply always makes us get 6. Don't want six more. Want to grow flock slowly. Have a couple of contacts off craigslist as well now, thanks!

Starting with chicks so it will be a bit before the eggs start coming. Neighbors are gracious enough to share theirs with us right now :) Tired of spraying for ticks wanted to use something more natural to combat. Also the spiders. As far as I am concerned as long as they eat some they are worth their weight in gold. After we finish clearing more of our lot we are thinking about getting 2 goats but that is a long way down the road. Between the chicks and the two dogs I am happy. I do catch myself watching the chicks for longer then I intend my husband commented on it but I catch him doing it too. ;)

Back
Top Bottom