MARYLAND THREAD!

Anyone interested in leghorn and mix chicks? I have 13 chicks hatched on April 3-4 and all need new homes. $10 for all, straight run. Including one Orphington and one Polish/EE cross. Located outside of Annapolis.

Starting with chicks so it will be a bit before the eggs start coming. Neighbors are gracious enough to share theirs with us right now :) Tired of spraying for ticks wanted to use something more natural to combat. Also the spiders. As far as I am concerned as long as they eat some they are worth their weight in gold. After we finish clearing more of our lot we are thinking about getting 2 goats but that is a long way down the road. Between the chicks and the two dogs I am happy. I do catch myself watching the chicks for longer then I intend my husband commented on it but I catch him doing it too. ;)
All of this sounds so familiar.

New flock owner of 3 golden laced wyandottes, and 3 feather footed bantams. Located in Salisbury. Hoping to have some silkies too... trying to hatch for the first time. :)

The Maryland Swap Meet is coming up. Here's the link
frow.gif
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...erer-dr-peter-brown-and-apa-judge-paul-gilroy

Last edited:
Our extra Marans pullets (7 or 8) should be ready soon (3 weeks now) if any one is interested in Anne Arundel co area. So far, no apparent cockerels. I will post here and on Annapolis craigslist (next weekend most likely). They were from Meyer, sexed and vaccinated. We will have some black copper, Silver Cuckoo and Golden Cuckoo (hard to tell cuckoos apart at this stage), maybe a blue splash (depends if kids keep both).

I have a 4 week old brood of chicks. I have 4 baby roos In with 30 pullets. Today I keep hearing a half crow. Is this possible? They are going in the coop on their 5th week old day, which is Saturday.
LOL! YES! It is possible! It is very funny ro hear and just as you begin to wunder if you did, it starts all over again. So funny to hear them start. I have had several batches do this.

Back
Top Bottom