MARYLAND THREAD!

I am here in Severna Park and getting my chicks in 2 weeks. Anyone close by? I am totally new to this and would love to have friends to go through this with... My family and I are ready and cannot wait for that call from the post office saying they are here.

I am here in Severna Park and getting my chicks in 2 weeks. Anyone close by? I am totally new to this and would love to have friends to go through this with... My family and I are ready and cannot wait for that call from the post office saying they are here.

Hello and WELCOME to BYC. Glad your here.

I'm not terribly far from you. Im in Huntingtown, in Calvert Co. Maybe 45 minutes or so from you.

First chicks is sooooooo exciting. WOOOOO HOOOOO. Let us know if you need anything. We are all here to help. I'm still learning after all these years.. Im learning I cant have "just one more" HAHAHA

Thanks so much... my husband was the last to get on board, but he now has poultry pal on his phone, so I think he is finally "in". Hahahahaha... He even said that with the coop we are ordering, I can add another chick... So far, so good, but I am holding at 4 new chicks. Man, the waiting is tough. I finally feel ready and have 2 more weeks to wait. We are my son picked a Dominique who he will be naming Bobbie, My daughter picked an Easter Egger, yet unnamed, I chose a Black Australorp, named Edna or Eggnes and we are getting a freebee, the hubby's, to donate eggs. I cannot wait. Thanks for responding, Chillin.

You are the one perhaps giving away the olive egger too... hmmmmm.... maybe if there is a girl in the bunch... she would be the right age to add to my mix.

Last edited:
Thanks so much... my husband was the last to get on board, but he now has poultry pal on his phone, so I think he is finally "in". Hahahahaha... He even said that with the coop we are ordering, I can add another chick... So far, so good, but I am holding at 4 new chicks. Man, the waiting is tough. I finally feel ready and have 2 more weeks to wait. We are my son picked a Dominique who he will be naming Bobbie, My daughter picked an Easter Egger, yet unnamed, I chose a Black Australorp, named Edna or Eggnes and we are getting a freebee, the hubby's, to donate eggs. I cannot wait. Thanks for responding, Chillin.

You are the one perhaps giving away the olive egger too... hmmmmm.... maybe if there is a girl in the bunch... she would be the right age to add

I sure am giving away some chicks. The OE's wont hatch for another week and some change. If you want one or two or five, PM me and let me know how many and when. (Don't want to hijack this thread with that)

My husband still HATES the chickens. Your a lucky lady to have a husband downloading apps on his phone. hahahah

Howdy peeps ^^ any one near Anne Arundel county? Some one from the animal control department called me about a chicken seizure. A trailer park that doesn't have permission to have chickens had about 30 running around that they are afraid they'll have to confiscate. Some rir, br, and bantams.
I'm in southern York county pa and not entirely sure how they got my number lol but I thought I'd check here if any of you md peeps would be interested.
Not sure yet if there's a rehoming fee. I wouldn't think so but *shrugs* the parks deadline is may 14th so I should have more info around then.
Have a lovely weekend ya'll!

I am in Anne Arundel and they were dealing with this when I called for info on what I needed to do to get ready for my chicks.. I cannot take one because I am already up to 5 from my initial 3 thanks to a Meyer Meal Maker and a daughter that had trouble bonding with her first chosen pet... I have never had chicks before... this ought to be entertaining for us and the viewing masses keeping up with us... we are a suburban family through and through.
Let the comedy begin.

Hello!

I have been reading from your forums for months now planning my new operation, here in Hereford, Maryland.

I joined, not only to share in your wealth of knowledge but to try to connect with people locally to source chicken related things. (Information, friends, feed, chickens)

Specifically, I am looking for where to buy my hens. I have poured months of research into this, and building my coop and run, and have decided on Ameraucanas as my main breed, with several other mixed breeds. My coop will be 4x8 with a 8x8 run.
How many can I happily have? And where should I post on this site to find someone who has Ameraucanas locally? I'd love to take a day trip to a farm/hatchery.

Thanks for your time everyone!

Back
Top Bottom