MARYLAND THREAD!

I was wondering if there's anybody on here in the Glen Burnie / Pasadena area. I'm making a coop, and I don't plan on letting them run free all day, but I was wondering if anybody had issues with hawks or other predators. Mine aren't ready for outside yet, but I was thinking that on warm days, they could go outside at least for a little while, so they can get used to it. But I'm worried about predators, even if it's for 30 minutes at a time. Any input is welcome! :D
I'm not from that area and mine are only 7 weeks old but I have been letting them out for little on the days that I have time to sit outside and watch them or if it hasn't been raining.

Thanks, I'll probably wait a week or two so they cave squeeze through the fence. How long do you put then outside for?
Well they have been outside in there coop torpedo for 2 weeks. They go out in there run everyday. They were in there for a full week before I let them outside of it for the first time.

Thr
they said that they would replace them...but also said in there next sentence that they don't even know if they will get anymore in.
That's ridiculous. I bought from the straight run (that's the mixed ones, right? ) and we were lucky enough that the person helping us new the difference with the older chicks. so we got six unknowns and we'll see what happens. where I got mine from they would they said they would be getting them for another month, so I don't know why they were telling you that they would not have any more

Whi
That's ridiculous. I bought from the straight run (that's the mixed ones, right? ) and we were lucky enough that the person helping us new the difference with the older chicks. so we got six unknowns and we'll see what happens. where I got mine from they would they said they would be getting them for another month, so I don't know why they were telling you that they would not have any more
who knows its annoying me. And yes straight run apparently is a mixture they don't know males from females. I just called to of the closets stores to me they both got the same types in today but none that are just pullets. I'm still waiting to hear from there corporate office also.

Whi
who knows its annoying me. And yes straight run apparently is a mixture they don't know males from females. I just called to of the closets stores to me they both got the same types in today but none that are just pullets. I'm still waiting to hear from there corporate office also.

In store normally ends the end of april. The tsc by me has gotten more in since last week. its frustrating but they are willing to make it right . What kind did you get? If they are sex link when choosing getting the redder/buffer ones for females the whiter ones are males. If bantams i cant help to much. Good luck

In store normally ends the end of april. The tsc by me has gotten more in since last week. its frustrating but they are willing to make it right . What kind did you get? If they are sex link when choosing getting the redder/buffer ones for females the whiter ones are males. If bantams i cant help to much. Good luck
The ones we bought were just labeled mixed pullets.

I posted the 7 extra Marans pullets (black copper, golden cuckoo, cuckoo) on Annapolis craigslist 60 dollars for all. from Meyer hatched 3/24 and about ready to leave brooder. vaccinated and sexed at hatchery.

Whi

What part of the state are you? There are two TSCs by me and they'll maintain at least one variety of each: pullets and straight run at one shipment every Wednesday until the end of the month. I also know of 2 local feed stores I consider highly reputable that still have pullets.
Southern States carries chicks too but I know nothing about what they carry or how reliable.
I suggest asking for a refund for the 5 that turned out to be roosters and buying pullets from some place that still has them. Then try to sell or give away your roosters.

Back
Top Bottom