MARYLAND THREAD!

Yes
What part of the state are you? There are two TSCs by me and they'll maintain at least one variety of each: pullets and straight run at one shipment every Wednesday until the end of the month. I also know of 2 local feed stores I consider highly reputable that still have pullets.
Southern States carries chicks too but I know nothing about what they carry or how reliable.
I suggest asking for a refund for the 5 that turned out to be roosters and buying pullets from some place that still has them. Then try to sell or give away your roosters.
I am in the Eastern shore. I called the two stores I go to and they only have straight runs. Where I bought them said they would replce them. I will be asking for my money back though I think. I managed to give away for free 4 of the roosters I'm keeping one. They guy who came I and got them was so happy to have them. He told me he hacked some chicks a few days before and said he will give me some chicks if I want possibly once they are old enough that we can see they aren't roosters.

I got rid of our extra Marans. $60 for 7 pullets and they went fast. I wanted to keep more Black Copper, but was outvoted by the family for Splash and Golden Cuckoo so have a couple Black Coppers.

We are going to try to. We live in the eastern shore of MD, and have a wedding to go to at 5p in St. Michaels on Friday the night before. Might just head on up to Frederick and stay with family there.

According to the map it's about 35-40 minutes past Frederick.

We are going to try to. We live in the eastern shore of MD, and have a wedding to go to at 5p in St. Michaels on Friday the night before. Might just head on up to Frederick and stay with family there.

According to the map it's about 35-40 minutes past Frederick.

You'll want to get there early because some things sell out fast. I went twice and it was a lot of fun.

It is fun, amazing & informative. There are many different vendors including pure breeds and barnyard experiments. All different types of feed and supplies, food and people to learn from.
I am planning going on going with my special needs dd and our service dog. Please say Hi and chat especially if you see us sitting. But ignore our SD please!

Wow, great pics!

We couldn't make it to Green Hills this time, unfortunately. But I think there is one in July, and we definitely want to plan for it. I believe it runs 8a to 2p which means we have to come up the night before and stay in the area (in Frederick).

But we did make it to a Goodwill where we found an unpainted and unfinished solid wood "decorative" double shelf unit made to look like stacked nesting boxes. Guess what it's going to be used for. :)

The bantams will love it.

Back
Top Bottom