MARYLAND THREAD!

Update from Annapolis ~ I beat my HOA, my hens
are here to stay !!!
WOW! So happy for you! Can you share more about your experience?
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

They have been in our home since Monday and I can already see a change in them this fast. My little RIR's are getting tiny tail feathers now and there wings are becoming bigger to. They are full of energy and having fun running around and playing together. I added a few pieces of wooden blocks of different sizes for them to now explore. My Araucana here is my favorite, she is the one I handled to most so far as she had a pasty buttom and I was making sure she was cleaned up. When she see's me come to the side of the brooder and put my hand down on the chips she comes running now as I talk to her. Its so cute. They others are still not to friendly yet but have not been held or played with as much as she has. WELL I hope its a she. Because I can't have Roo's.

Congrats on the HOA problem! I used to have an HOA when I lived in Virginia Beach Va...Hated it!! That was one of the criteria when we looked for a house up here..NO HOA!!!!

Cntry1958 - I love the baby chicks!! They are so adorable!! Ive been showing the kids around the site, and they are dying to get ours! Roo's arent wanted but if we get one, oh well..Sadly we will have to wait till almost the end of the month. My wifes mom invited us to VA for easter. I dont want to leave the chicks alone or in the care of someone else...that would be no fun for them or us!

Congrats on the HOA problem! I used to have an HOA when I lived in Virginia Beach Va...Hated it!! That was one of the criteria when we looked for a house up here..NO HOA!!!!

Cntry1958 - I love the baby chicks!! They are so adorable!! Ive been showing the kids around the site, and they are dying to get ours! Roo's arent wanted but if we get one, oh well..Sadly we will have to wait till almost the end of the month. My wifes mom invited us to VA for easter. I dont want to leave the chicks alone or in the care of someone else...that would be no fun for them or us!

Just think Easters in a few weeks so it wont be to long that you will have to wait. Just tell the kids to keep looking on here and I will post pictures for them to see the chicks every few days or so.

Last edited:
Chicks had their first day outside a few days ago when it was 80 degrees. I wish they had eaten the three ticks I got while out there!

Oh how did they like their first field trip outside? They are staying close to you and all huddled up together. So cute and you know your not suppose to bring any hitch hitch hikers in with you. Leave them dang ticks outdoors next time. LOL

I think we are going to have a lot of ticks this year since we didn't get snow this year here like we normally do. It kept missing us here where we are. Those chicks seem to know when something is going on, or when someone has food. They come a running.

Back
Top Bottom