MARYLAND THREAD!

Anyone in Carroll county have hatching eggs available? At this point I am looking for just about anything to test out the incubator setup. Thanks in advance.

I may have some call ducklings for sale in a few weeks if you or anyone you know is interested send me a pm! Calvert county.
IMG_8119.jpg
The dads
IMG_8044.JPG

Moms.

Greys and whatever the white on grey produces!

Free, to a good home (or trade for pullet/hen), I have an F1 and F2 Olive Egger cockerel. Must pick up in Hancock, MD (off work times) or Hagerstown, MD (at specific times). Both have been decent cockerels, at 9 weeks they are not scared but also not lap birds.

The copper neck one, came from a darker green egg, the lighter shade on, came from a mid green egg. They have been on None gmo Starter (6wks) and none gmo grower from Ernst feed in Clear Spring, MD since. Enjoying mealworms as well since week 2. The ONLY reason I'm not keeping them all, is I've bought 14 "pullets", that at week 4 can totally see that 2 EE are cockerels, 1 BO cockerel, and possibly a SS cockerel. I want no more that one of any type.

img_1342-jpg.1283792

pick taken 3/3/2018. "CopperNeck" is the red comb furthest north, with the copper streaks on back. The other, "Dothead", because that was the way to tell him apart at day one, is the one sunbathing in the lower right corner.

img_2163-jpg.1283785

Copperneck (top) with our Miracle Baby (hatched 2-3 days later than all others) wind at their back. Straight Comb. F1

img_2207-jpg.1283788

Dothead a few weeks ago. Pea Comb. F2

img_2019-jpg.1283795

I'm in Frederick County and I'm looking to create my roster. I'm looking for 8 hens. I'd like RIRs, Buff Orpingtons, Americaunas, and Barred Rocks (or another reputable layer variety. Was interested in 2 of each variety. Looking for point of lay/started/ or close to

THanks

I'm planning on going to the swap in Smithsbug in mid April but it seems a lot of the vendors I've talked to early either don't have these varieties or are bringing young chicks or 8 weekers.

Hello @Maeschak ,
I own 20 chickens so far, (with some quail hatching out on the 17th of december) of multiple breeds. I have a buff orpington roo, australorps, a rhode island red, a golden laced polish, a golden laced wyandotte, cochins, buckeyes, ameracauncas, an ancona, a speckled sussex, a cuckoo maran, a little silkie/cream legbar cockerel, and a black jersey giant :)
Should you find yourself with too many Cochin pullets, I'm looking for a couple broody prospects; color not a factor.

Hi All, I just moved to Baltimore County in August and we're going to start a small backyard flock (probably 4 birds), in March. A few questions:
1. Does anyone know of a good feed store in the area?
2. Does anyone know where I can get chicks (most likely looking for Rhode Island Reds), or is best to mail order?
A word of caution:
If you have a Southern States in in your area that sells chicks in the Spring (some do, some don't), & you order RIRs, you'll likely get Red Sex links, a hybrid. It happened to me. My RSLs came from the store in Frederick. Great layers, but not what I ordered.

Back
Top Bottom