MARYLAND THREAD!

Straight across the top of the state from you ... at the very tip-top of The Bay. I could bicycle to PA or DE, if I was motivated enough ... which, BTW, I am not!

Our Nannies are mostly rose comb. They seem to do better with the damp, cold winters here on the Bay - less frostbite. At the moment we're a bit heavy on the boy side, but they all get along in the Bachelor Flock, so they're not really a problem. Our best roo won Best in Show, last year at the County Fair. He's not going anywhere anytime soon! We have a few of his (and his full brother's) offspring "growing out" to see what we come up with. So far, so good! Now if we could just get these hens to throw us out some more pullets!

The three SC's we have are probably not staying. One pair needs some work on coloring, so I'd like to find someone willing to do some selective breeding with them for more consistent, darker color. They're nice birds, just a bit ale. The other is a gorgeous rooster, who took Best Bantam at the County Fair, this year. I'd like to either find him a nice SC hen or a breeder who would like to add some really nice color and temperament to their line. I really don't want to add another coop, but I'm having a hard time parting with Feisty. I really like him!
I have some memory issues sometimes. I feel like you've told me that before. Out by Elkton right?

6371854D-094E-4E42-ACA7-7A180931071F.jpeg
Anyone want a beautiful Rhode Island Red? He’s almost 5 months old. Located near Fairhill.

I have a white rock rooster that was supposed to be a hen. he JUST started crowing. I'm in Woodsboro (Frederick County) looking for someone interested in swapping for a hen or buying him for 10.00. Just figure I'd check on here before he goes to the pot.

Hi, I am Karen and I will be moving to Hagerstown MD area within the year to be near one of my daughters. I am a somewhat efficient master gardener and with the prospect of the area I am moving to I am really excited about raising chickens for personal use. Really fresh eggs are the best. So I have been searching looking for ordinances regarding chickens and coops. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi, I am Karen and I will be moving to Hagerstown MD area within the year to be near one of my daughters. I am a somewhat efficient master gardener and with the prospect of the area I am moving to I am really excited about raising chickens for personal use. Really fresh eggs are the best. So I have been searching looking for ordinances regarding chickens and coops. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Hi Karen ... and Welcome to Maryland (and Backyard Chickens!) Id you check with Washington County's Agricultural Extension Service, they can point you in the right direction for livestock ordinances. They're also the ones who coordinate Maryland's Master Gardener program, so they can hook you up with some like-minded new friends.
While you're waiting for info from he County, check out the coop pages here on BYC. You can get a lot of awesome ideas here!

hi everyone I am from belair md and looking to start my flock this spring. I am interested in bantams. if you breed bantams in Maryland let me know as I am trying to get a list together for spring to get all the chicks I want. I love silkies, also looking for polish, molted cochin and interested in learning about more.

Back
Top Bottom