MARYLAND THREAD!

Hey All -
Reaching out from the Howard County (North Laurel) area. New to BYC and chicken keeping in general, and I recently find myself with a rooster in need of a new home.

I've been suspicious of this "hen" for the past several weeks. He finally let his voice be heard this morning. I got him as a days-old "olive egger" chick in late April. It's only him and 3 other hens in our current flock, all of which have been healthy and happy since they joined us. We're not allowed to keep roosters in our county, so anyone who wants him is welcome.

Also, if any readers of other ideas regarding what I can do with him, other than the soup pot (which remains an option), please feel free to respond.
PXL_20220808_124330016.jpg

Good evening, I have a 4 month old Rhode Island Red that I need to find a home for. I live in Cecil County. Thanks .

Attachments

• IMG-5901 (002).JPG
    IMG-5901 (002).JPG
    845.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-5902.jpg
    IMG-5902.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 3
Four bantam silkie hens in need of rehoming. 1yo. Very sweet chickens. Please contact me for any questions. I’m based in Baltimore County. Thank you!

Anyone sell free range eggs near the Towson/Cockeysville area? My 20 year old nephew lives out there. He’s been vegan for the past two years, but when he comes to visit me in NorCal he is (very) happy to eat eggs from my hens. He knows how happy and healthy they are - he’s helped me buy chicks, watched the broodies, fed all the girls, collected eggs, etc.

I’m hoping to find someone near him with a similar free range flock where he could purchase a dozen or so eggs occasionally? Thanks!

Update...so today I'm getting some Guinea chick friends for my sweet chick, found a place in Preston, MD. ❤️ Can't wait!

I'm in Delaware, hello Maryland neighbors! 👋
I'm hoping to get a few Guinea chicks for companionship for this sweet Lil Guinea. Anyone with some chicks they can part with? I nursed this little one to health (injured leg) & now I get to keep her, so she needs some friends. 20220818_142416.jpg 20220821_111333.jpg

Last edited:
Frizzle naked neck looking for a new home, this is my pet, so I’m hoping someone can keep and make it a permanent residence in your flock.

Attachments

• 58ECDCC3-0526-40D4-AF32-F76953A58C3F.jpeg
    58ECDCC3-0526-40D4-AF32-F76953A58C3F.jpeg
    780.9 KB · Views: 2
  • E839B265-88F5-4E5A-B20E-82E594FB7C75.jpeg
    E839B265-88F5-4E5A-B20E-82E594FB7C75.jpeg
    792.6 KB · Views: 3
Need to rehome 4-5 female ducks. Theyre approx 10 months old. Great layers. Very healthy, and nice around kids. Nothing wrong w them at all, just looking to downsize. 2 or 3 Pekin and 2 Rouen. Charles/Southern PG County area
20220827_075603.jpg

Anyone sell free range eggs near the Towson/Cockeysville area? My 20 year old nephew lives out there. He’s been vegan for the past two years, but when he comes to visit me in NorCal he is (very) happy to eat eggs from my hens. He knows how happy and healthy they are - he’s helped me buy chicks, watched the broodies, fed all the girls, collected eggs, etc.

I’m hoping to find someone near him with a similar free range flock where he could purchase a dozen or so eggs occasionally? Thanks!
I can't imagine he would have a hard time if he just took a country drive north. I am a little farther west (1 hour) and I routinely pass 10+ places I could stop off and buy eggs.

Back
Top Bottom