MARYLAND THREAD!

Have not had Appleyards, no. We had a flock of Magpies before.
Had some good weather this weekend and got the duck run walls up. Trusses hopefully this week! Had a couple escapees from their brooder pool so temp fencing in the basement also got done :)

View attachment 3068690
Lovely pen! Ours is a lot like yours, but we left the top uncovered. Just wire. We have two coops, an open-front shelter and a pool around the perimeter. I also have moveable electric fencing so I can get them out of the pen sometimes. I think I can attach a pic.

Attachments

• E6851FCB-824C-4DA9-8220-929E9D736616.jpeg
    E6851FCB-824C-4DA9-8220-929E9D736616.jpeg
    527.7 KB · Views: 6
I have one of those moveable electric fence units on the back of my mind if we need it. If the turkeys and ducks dont get along the turkeys will get a little more outside time with it.

Completed some more progress over the past couple of days.
PXL_20220420_230820540.MP.jpg

Hi there!
I was curious if anyone knew of any good places to look for poultry and other crimes of opportunity. I'm in Frederick county but would be happy to travel if the juice is worth the squeeze. So if you know of places in surrounding states/areas, that would be quite fine too.
I was really looking forward to going to the swap out in Sharpsburg this weekend but between a schedule constraint and it just not being the best time for us I think we'll probably postpone till the next one.
Thanks in advance!
I guess that kinda depends on what you're looking for. As for swaps, be sure to wash everything you wear before you go back in with your birds and quarantine as far away from your current birds as possible. The Avian Flu is here and spreading fast and you do NOT want to take any chances on bringing it home. It's too close to me for comfort, already, so my birds are all under lockdown. No birds, domestic or wild, go in or out of my coop/run and I'm steering clear of pretty much any poultry gathering until this mess is back under control!

Looking good! How I wish I’d put a roof on mine when we were building it 😆. I would kill for a partially covered pen.
Check your local CraigsList, Freecycle, etc for a swing set frame. They make a really good base for an A-frame roof, can be made moveable, and are usually available "Free for the pick-up." As a bonus, if there's still a swing hinge on the top bar, you have a ready-made chicken swing!

Check your local CraigsList, Freecycle, etc for a swing set frame. They make a really good base for an A-frame roof, can be made moveable, and are usually available "Free for the pick-up." As a bonus, if there's still a swing hinge on the top bar, you have a ready-made chicken swing!
That’s an awesome idea. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom