MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
Welcome to BYC.

I was wondering if any of you sell your eggs for hatching. How did you start selling them and is their anything special I need to get like a permit?

Karen

Shameless self-advertising here...and I'm looking for support...

If anyone on here will be on the Delmarva Peninsula on Saturday, October 10th...at around 4:30 p.m....in Bridgeville, Delaware...at the Apple Scrapple Festival...

I am a finalist in the Cat Country (radio) Delmarva Star competition! The finalists are judged on ability, stage presence and audience reaction. So, in other words, if I could get some of my BYC folks out to cheer me on, that would be GROOVY!

Here's the url for more info! http://www.catcountryradio.com/delmarvastar.php

Wish
me luck!

Hello from ALLEGANY CO, MD

I have a new coop from a design sold on the web (long story but only way to get husband to help to build it was to have "exact " measurements . . .LOL) It is moveable and on stilts and is inside my organic garden. I plan on changing the part of the garden they have for their run as time goes by.

I would prefer my lil flock of 6 to be completely free range but the MANY predators would like that as well!

I live on a wonderful 18 acres with no water except a well - many acres are old forest with black cohosh and some ginseng. Also some field areas with lots of wild harvestables.

My chickens are 4 mutt RIR and 2 hens my sister in nearby Ft. Ashby, WV is developing and calls Golden Laced Ashbys. My Roo I am trying to keep sweet by various things I have read/learned about chicken behavior. He does not dance around me, he comes to me and takes treats from my hand - so far so good.

Quote:
Ohh, Good Luck!!! If hubby is willing to go( my car - I don't drive that far alone- car hates me) I will be there. We'll hoot and hollar for ya!! Do you know where the competition will be ( I mean, which part of town?)

Quote:
Ohh HELLO!!! can I come live with you? Well, on your property LOL not in your house. I'll bring my chickens- and build you more chicken houses so you can get more chickens!!
See my latest coop:
10705_0side.jpg

Dang!

Is it time to post our coop pics?? Now where is that digital camera . . LOL. Your coop is lovely.

Living in the woods here would be a lil nasty - bear and coyote (think last bobcat is gone)! I have a 7 foot electric fence with a 2 foot wire mesh (1/2 inch mesh) partly buried at the bottom AND have plastic bird/deer mesh hung over it all. Big herds of deer on the property (and on neighbors' lands as well). I have at least 7 deer circling my garden almost daily and the ocassional groundhog. We shoot most groundhogs because they are impossible - they dig and climb and in the garden!!! Coyotes howl at night when they have gotten something (or are chasing it) - real creepy!!

One young deer came over to look at my chickens . . LOL . . was quite funny.

Well, Marylanders let me know what's happening. I was looking at the Frederick Poultry show on . . .epp . . where's my notes - it is soon this Month.

Later's have to go to my 40hr/week job.

Quote:
Thanks so much!

I would be so tickled if you could come - I'd LOVE to meet you!
wee.gif

Last year I think it was near the fire hall...if that helps...the Apple Scrapple website had a map, from what I remember...

I can't believe it's tomorrow! Pray for sunshine!!!!!
fl.gif

I just spent three days in Garrett County for a work-related conference. Boy is it beautiful out there! Long drive from the Eastern Shore, but boy was it worth it! The leaves are starting to change.

We went to Deep Creek Lake, New Germany, Herrington Manor and Swallow Falls State Parks and the Kindness State Demonstration Forest. SOOOO gorgeous! I highly recommend it.
love.gif

(I work at Assateague State Park...thus the park list.)

The funniest part was that I was driving for the conference and a leaf blew across the road...I thought it was a frog because that's what I see most of the time! The chicks with me thought I was insane for trying to avoid running over a leaf!!!!!! (Duh...blonde moment!)
th.gif

It's supposed to rain a little tomorrow, I think. But the weathermen only get the forecast right 50% of the time. If I come, I'll wear my BYC shirt. Good Luck!!!!

Just found this thread....
Checkin in for Glen Burnie (Anne Arundel county)

mixed breed flock of 6 all bout 6 months old and steady 5 eggs a day for a while now.

good to see more crazy "locals" like myself.

TNT

Back
Top Bottom