MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
goodpost.gif

x2 A puppy mill run by anyone is horrible, no question!! Absolutely you should know the conditions ANY new pet is coming from, no matter who they are coming from. I am on the MD Line in the heart of Amish country. I buy their flowers that put others to shame, delicious baked goods and awesome vegetables. I absolutely would buy chicks from them over a hatchery any day of the week. The labor that goes into their homes, and farms without the modern conveniences is awe inspiring and speaks volumes of MOST of them. They are overall good God fearing people. We should take a lesson.

Hello Old Line State!

Been reading BYC for a while, finally joined.

Now my 13 y.o. grandson keeps Banties with us and is the next Poultryman in the family.
Holla back Maryland.

Hello 20736! Welcome aboard! I have bantam chicks - just love them. I'm sure your grandson will have loads of fun as he follows in your footsteps.

Good morning! Newbie from the Eastern Shore...have had a ball for the first 2 weeks of having a small flock! I'm looking forward to meeting like-minded people, and (definitely) learning what the heck I'm supposed to be doing with these funny creatures!

Good morning! Newbie from the Eastern Shore...have had a ball for the first 2 weeks of having a small flock! I'm looking forward to meeting like-minded people, and (definitely) learning what the heck I'm supposed to be doing with these funny creatures!

Hey there...you're not too far from me. I'm glad we finally had a cooler day for the chicks!

Hey! I am wanting to be a chicken owner, but since I am 13 my mom says I have to see and learn from 5 backyard chicken owners, and so I thought, why not start here? It is backyard chickens! So I was wondering if there was anyone near Bethesda who has chickens and would be ok teaching me how to raise them, and get me some support! :D

KLC,
I live in Calvert and work in PG. I will be glad to help you as much as I can.
Have your Mom contact me here so we can get the ball rolling.
Thanks.

PS - you will love being a poultryman!

I am in Forest Hill. I am new at raising chickens. Have 7. 3 White Box, 3 Americana's and 1 gray something or other.

I am in Forest Hill. I am new at raising chickens. Have 7. 3 White Box, 3 Americana's and 1 gray something or other.

Hello Mrs. Robinson!!! Welcome to the Maryland thread, and
welcome-byc.gif
. I grew up on Sharon Acres Rd. Then moved to Jarrettsville, now I'm in Delta. Hop, skip, and a jump from you. You're gonna love BYC. It's my go to source for all chicken info. You can't get any more expert advice than from those who have hands on advice.

Back
Top Bottom