Maryland?!

I am 10 minuets outside Baltimore I have 17 chickens in my suburban Backyard in Towson. I also have an amish coop. Its nice to see so many Marylanders here! We should have one of those tour de coops! It would be really cool to go around and see everyones setups.

Henry

Quote:
Hey...do I know you??? Aren't you the lady whose chickens are in my bathroom???
tongue.png

My 8-12 week olds are out in a chicken tractor with a heat lamp its probably colder on the shore though.

Quote:
12 weekers with a heat lamp turn it off already what are they afraid of a couple snowflakes??

LOL they don't even use it your right its just me
lol.png
they are in the open sided tractor though so thats mostly why I do it also so I don't have to haul hot water out. They are going in with the big girls this week so their will be no light for them then.

New on here and from Northern Harford County. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for supplies/coops and such. I am giving in and building my own (I have to say I LOVE your coop, EasTurdHill..just don't think I could afford it!) but I am having trouble locating LOCAL folks who would sell day old chicks that AREN'T RIR's. I like the RIR's, but want some different ones. I love the idea of a coop tour!

smile.png

MD fishing girl,
welcome-byc.gif
. The feed stores will be having a variety of day olds soon. I've spoken with The Mill in BelAir and TSC in Westminster. I think there's also an auction in Westminster but don't know too much about that. Also, if you're particular you can order from a hatchery. I only want a few so I'll be ordering from Mypetchicken. There's a yahoo group for Cecil County chicken people, but they get people from all over on it. I don't have the link now, but if you're interested I can post it this evening. Good luck on your coop! From my experience building mine, it takes longer than you think! But it's satisfying building just what you need! Mine's servicible but still not done.
hmm.png

KayP, thanks for the advice. I actually live less than a mile from the Mill at BlackHorse. I was in there, they said they will mostly be getting RIR's and I would have to take "a few".... I am an impatient person, so I ordered from Ideal, as I was a bit particular and only wanted a few as well. They will ship the 25th! I better get my brooder built! I have the plans drawn up for the coop...and I am sure it will be a never ending process for us! I will look at the cecil county site, I have heard of it.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom