MARYLANDER HERE---PORT DEPOSIT, MD

Well don't know if they are special but they are all special to me.....lol it is all listed in my signature at the bottoms of my posts............
l
l
\\/

For the Mandarins, how old are they? Sometimes pairs won't lay until they are 2 years old. Also, do you have enough wood duck nest boxes in working order? One of my boxes got taken over by starlings so the female mandarin started laying in one of my Red Golden's nests!! I evicted the starlings and she's back in her box. White mandarins are very pretty!!!!
I may have to get some guineas at some point.

I know this is an old post, but I figured I'd just let you know there is another chicken lover in Cecil County (Elkton). Just initiated into the chicken world back in late April and we are loving it.

I am located between Chesapeake City and Elkton, right off of Rt 213.

Wondering if anyone knows of a good way to dispense of some Roos? I have four Red Sex Link Roos (affectionately known as the four-piece i.e. Chicken Nuggets) and at least one bantam roo. I have to keep the banty 'cause my youngest daughter picked him out (plus he's a cool little bird). The four-piece is another story. I'd like to keep at least one or the RSLs, but I think one or two might have to go...to much chicken testosterone. Anyone in need? If so, shoot me a PM or respond to the thread.

I thought I'd say hi here too. I'm going to be starting out with some japanese quail in my backyard in College Park. I'm pretty new to the area as well, just moved here last month, so I'm open to recommendations of any stores/people down here that have bird supplies.

ahhh, finally a MD thread! yay- at least i'm not alone out there. I live in Baltimore County (sparrows point area) with my small flock of 7 (Rhode island reds and Barred Rocks). I'll be looking to increase my flock soon as 3 out the 7 from a straight run turned out as roos. I don't want to kill them Because i hear so many threads about bad roos where as mine were spoiled and raised as pets (never pecked me and not a mean bone in them; can literally call them by name and scoop them up in my arms like you would a cat or dog).

- i also have had a not so secret fox admirer; had to share this: was out this morning feeding my chickens, they were free ranging around and a grey fox came out of the woods sprinting towards one of my girls. He then saw me, dead stopped in the middle of a charge and ran off. The nerve! he's lucky i didnt have a gun with me!!!

Back
Top Bottom