mascovy babies.

juloopy

Hatching
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
lake worth
I some mascovy babies waddling in the publix parking lot 2 days ago without a mother. I saw them trying to follow a male duck and he just flew away. There are 13 little fluff balls. Some all white. I don't know what to do with them. I picked them up and put them in a box and brought them home. They are now in my brooder along with a big female chicken... they don't really cling to her at all though. My ducks just ignore them. What should I do? I feel bad that they don't have a mother. They are eating and drinking all the time and they must be only 5 days old at the most. I know that they cannot swim without their mother so I don't want to put them out by my pond.

Maybe try putting a stuffed animal in there for contact comfort. They can swim but only for very short amounts of time and in shallow water. Mine didn't really like swimming as a baby.

As long as they are warm and dry and eating I wouldn't worry too much. What are you going to do with so many babies?

I wouldn't let them swim unless you're watching them. But as long as they're eating and drinkign and seem to be healthy i would not worry. Maybe you could try to find some good homes for them if you can't or dont want to keep them all.

Maybe try putting a stuffed animal in there for contact comfort. They can swim but only for very short amounts of time and in shallow water. Mine didn't really like swimming as a baby.

As long as they are warm and dry and eating I wouldn't worry too much. What are you going to do with so many babies?

RE: Well we have 4 acres here with a nice size pond. I don't mind keeping them. They are good pond cleaners too. Maybe they can show my ducks how to forage for food. I love mascovies they are really great ducks. I have 3 all yellow ones now.. It will be really neat if they stay all white.

Back
Top Bottom