Massacre at My House

It's very possible. Survivors often stay under whatever cover they went to and don't come out for sometime. If it's still light where you're at you could try looking around, calling for them and tossing some treats around.

It sounds like what the fox did to my birds. Some they ate partially and some they just killed and left there. 10 ducks only had tiny pinpricks where it killed them and left them--all in one night.

Mine were all spaced out and just left on the hill-- about 3 feet apart. After reading up, I think it was planning to bury them for eating at a later time but it was distrurbed by someone coming out and left.

I was also able to track it from it's trails and I found feather piles everywhere, so it had been dining for a long time without anyone knowing.

The dog attack I had a few months ago left all 14 chickens it managed to get for dead. They didn't eat one of them.

So I say fox.

Fences, fences, fences. The dog will be back. Watch there will be a pattern. Be ready, have a nice hole dug and waiting.

Rufus

I totally agree sounds just like what happened to us... am so sorry for you loss - it is so difficult to lose them like that.

all our dogs had been just fine with the chickens... until... one day the part-bird dog when rogue while we were away and killed 8 out of 9 chickens. he didn't eat any of them, just chased them and killed them.

another dog ate one of the birds - yuck. so now that she knows they are food and not friends, she has to be kenneled too. poor doggies. they lost their free fun life on 17 acres, and my birds lost their lives. We aren't taking chances. Only dog allowed out now is ladybug. she is too old and too lazy to care about chasing chickens.

Back
Top Bottom