Mating before laying, is that bad?

I agree. If he is topping them the hens are maturing also. Hope you like eggs
I would love to get some eggs from my ducks, but every time when i ask them they look at each other, quacking »Egggs? What is that human talking about?« I'm afraid i'll have to wait until next year, when the days will become longer again.

Mine did that today too!!

Everyone was having fun in the clean water pool and suddenly my male just decided to jump and get it on. My female didnt seem to mind and she is not laying yet either but she should be by now:hmm

My little crested who has been bossy including fighting with chickens and holding on while they run away :lau seems to mind she is not getting attention

But I just got her and she was already laying of course she isnt now since the move so no duck eggs for me again :(

Caught him red - aaah - handed? - on the DuckyCam today:
DonaldRedHanded.jpg
I was a little too slow hitting the record button, this is the first recorded frame of below video. Who said ducks need water for this?
Poor Limpy doesn't understand what's going on.
:gig

Mine did that today too!!

Everyone was having fun in the clean water pool and suddenly my male just decided to jump and get it on. My female didnt seem to mind and she is not laying yet either but she should be by now:hmm

My little crested who has been bossy including fighting with chickens and holding on while they run away :lau seems to mind she is not getting attention

But I just got her and she was already laying of course she isnt now since the move so no duck eggs for me again :(
Careful with the crested duck, if the drake is grabbing her by the crest he can kill her.
I don't expect to see any duck-eggs this year due to the shorter days, but in spring i will have a large sunny-side-up…

Back
Top Bottom