Mating or fighting

JANINEBONA

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2021
I have 6 running ducks (3 male/3 female) and a goose (female) and 3 muscovy ducks (1 male/2 female). When I let them out together the 3 male running ducks attack a female muscovy duck. I think one is mating with her and the other 2 pecking at her, along with my female goose...all peck and hold down the female muscovy. Is this normal? Do I let it go? Right now I keep them all separate but I would love for them all to have free roam. Thank you.

Last edited:
Im sorry to say this but i believe you have to many drakes you have 4 males to 5 females i would get rid of some of your runner duck drakes if you want to keep your Muscovy male also i would suggest at the most a runner drake and a Muscovy drake to 5 females

Im sorry to say this but i believe you have to many drakes you have 4 males to 5 females i would get rid of some of your runner duck drakes if you want to keep your Muscovy male also i would suggest at the most a runner drake and a Muscovy drake to 5 females
So just like chickens there are too many males to females?

I have 2 Runner drakes and they each have 8 females between them I also have 1 Muscovy drakes and 4 female muscovy My oldest Runner drake will chase down a female Muscovy and mate with her but thankfully the other Runner isn't interested. And my Muscovy drake isn't interested in any of the Runners and Buffs. If It got to the place where the drakes were ganging up on one of my Muscovy they would be separated from them so this couldn't happen not fair to the female being raped and possibly injured. I have both my geese in goose jail right now because my goose does not like broody Muscovy and will bloody their heads. Never a dull moment. There is some times in early spring when I keep my Muscovy separated from my Runners because my drake is relentless in his chasing.

Back
Top Bottom