Maximizing Social Distancing

Chick-N-Fun

Almy Acres Farm
8 Years
Jun 26, 2014
Upstate, NY
Hi there! During this global pandemic, I was wondering if there was a way to have daily or periodic live streaming conversations to enrich our social distancing. I am a special education teacher and have been homebound for two weeks so far, but I have had to “attend” meetings virtually through Zoom and phone conferencing.

I was wondering if BYC could host video based conversations daily or weekly? I am not a computer expert and don’t even know if it could even happen with the capacity of our membership, but I think it would be an amazing opportunity! We rely heavily on texting, emailing and calling, but to see faces during this chaotic time brings so much comfort and joy!

Best wishes and Be well! ❤

Last edited:
That's a really interesting idea. I don't think it matters that BYC is really big, always expect less people to show up I think. Personally, I probably wouldn't join just because I'm not really into Zoom stuff and I don't know many people here yet, but it could be really fun for people who want more face to face interaction.
If you do decide to do it, or someone helps you set it up, good luck! : )

That's a really interesting idea. I don't think it matters that BYC is really big, always expect less people to show up I think. Personally, I probably wouldn't join just because I'm not really into Zoom stuff and I don't know many people here yet, but it could be really fun for people who want more face to face interaction.
If you do decide to do it, or someone helps you set it up, good luck! : )
Thanks for your input....I understand that a lot of people may not be interested. Zooming isn’t for everyone, but it could be a great avenue for those that want to improve connections with other members.

You could do a google hangouts thing and stream to YouTube if you wanted. Then you could have video and/or voice for the people that want it and the live chat for those that just want to join in. I BELIEVE but am not sure that you can make a YouTube video only accessible by a link which you could post here so people could get to it from here but not YouTube in general.

That's how a lot of YouTube debates are held. The "moderator" creates the hangout and invites the guests then all of the viewers can chime in on the live chat to ask questions and express opinions.

Might be a possible way to do that. I'm not sure that BYC would want to get into streaming and video as that is a resource hog and I believe that is their reasoning for not allowing video uploads, you have to upload to Youtube or similar and then link to it here.

Back
Top Bottom