MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

We just got ours in October and they only started laying around Easter so havent sold any yet or given any away but we may have to! And my brother also took a dozen eggs a couple days ago so we actually have more than 3 dozen but 3 dozen here. Plus 2 dozen store eggs my mom got that have been in the fridge weeks cause no one likes store ones after having had the fresh ones lol so make that 5 dozen
1f602.png
when only 2 or 3 were laying daily we could keep up but now it's between 6 and 8 every single day PLUS my parents were in Florida from Sunday until yesterday so they weren't eating them and I used up one whole dozen almost (2 left) plus some of the fresh ones with scrambled eggs, omelettes, French toast, but they produce faster than we can eat. Fortunately though I just remembered I got a bunch of egg recipe books before I got them so will have to dig those out and get reading and cooking LOL
that's nothing

that's nothing

Compared to some of the amount of eggs I've seen people set on here, I believe it :)

Though we only have 8 and only one or two people eating them at the moment so they get backed up. I have a feeling though that if we had been eating them daily we would have no back up but that hasn't happened yet hah

My Mille Fleurs have a high fertility rate...my Polish Banty's are another story....out of 12 only 3 veined...sigh...then the new incubator decided to act up. So they are sending me a new top.
Just kinda bummed
barnie.gif

Sorry you're not getting good fertility from your Polish Bantys and the new incubator decided to act up. I hope the new top arrives soon.

I put a clutch of White peafowl eggs in the incubator. Jus have to wait 26-28 days.

Getting ready to hit the road to pick up my hatching eggs from Maria Hall. Super super excited! Wanted JG since the first coop was built.

Ok. Hands down my BEST hatch ever!!!!!
I started with just shy of 6 dozen eggs. That's a mix of 11 duck, 7-8 EE mixes, 7 splash bantams, 12 of my questionable eggs regarding fertility and the rest were a frizzle/Cochin mix. I had about 15-18 clears including 6 of my ?? Eggs I put in to hatch with the ducks (next Friday) and only 5-6 that quite early. 2 eggs I tossed because they were rotten (one
1f4a3.png
1f4a5.png
blew up in my hand
1f616.png
) and only 1 looks to be a non hatch.

All in all I still have 6 ducks and ?? Eggs going strong and almost 40 chicks hatch!!!

Back
Top Bottom