MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

fl.gif
she has just got a bit lost and turns up soon. Mine get lost in the garden that's fenced in!!
I am hoping but lots of woods and critters :(

My duck eggs looked clear two days ago. Just keep candling. Once or twice. An hour.
lau.gif

Count me in! The husband didn't freak out to bad when he saw the eggs sitting on the counter and not in the fridge!
1f602.png
Got to get some stocked up to put in so will be a few days into May. Good thing I moved all 22 babies out in time.

I'm going to try an experiment this time around. They say that pullets hatch from the more rounded end eggs and cockerels from the more pointy ones.

Them I'm going to do the pin thing over them also. Round and round pullets back and forth cockerel. Double check them you see.

I trying to see if this works, so far this year is seems I've been coming out with about 3/4 cockerels to a 1/4 pullet ratio.

Quote:
Let me know how that turns out for you! Amazingly I am hoping for a roo in this hatch. I have shipped off all my boys so I currently have a girls club. I did that in anticipation of a good hatch with 50% or more boys (as is my usual luck). Watch them all be girls this time. That is just Murphy's Law for hatching. I miss the crowing. :-(

Quote:
Sorry about you hen. Nice looking place, even with snow in April. I am thinking that old car could be made into a nice chicken coop if it isn't already occupied!
Thank you! I live my old cars! They are 2 old dodges, one has a pole in it holding it up ( the good pic) just a shell, the other is blocking the poo pile from view lil

Put eggs on lockdown yesterday! I somehow managed to set them so that that would hatch when I am out of town! Luckily someone can take care of them for me! Hopefully it all goes smooth!
Meant to put this in the April hatch a long
1f601.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom