MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I know its a little early but... this is the first hatch for us this year he/she hatched at 4 this morning
wee.gif

that's awesome!
send some Broodies this way!

I would really love to. I have 3 white marans and they are excellent mothers. On the other hand, each of them was broody 3 times last year and on track to do it again. I have more broody than the ones I've taken pictures of too. They are making me crazy!
barnie.gif

So just checked my 5 eggs I currently have set, one has a very defined blood ring but I will give it a couple more days to be 100% sure the other 4 look perfect. Hope they are as perfectly behaved as their mum as well

My May hatching eggs have arrived. Wow! Out of 16, only 5 had visible air cells, and those were small and rock solid! Not a floater or a saddle shaped cell in the bunch! When @RubyNala97 gathered them for shipping, she said she couldn't see air cells yet they were so fresh, and she shipped them right afterward. So I have high hopes for this hatch. They'd better hatch - Katiebug is way too excited for words at this point. I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with 16 Silkies!

Last edited:
Quote:
Hay, I got nest boxes just like yours only mine have tops! When one of my hens went broody I had no place to put her and she was taking up egg laying space. They are a lot better than the cheap wood nest boxes and better than the plastis ground covers that you can get.

Back
Top Bottom