MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Count me in. My confidence has been boosted by a 10 month old silki that hatched 3 yesterday and one this morning. Two eggs still under her. Who would have thought this little girl would have given me so much happiness! If I had the space or another coop I would let all my broody hens sit on eggs but then what would I do with all the peeps? Silki score 4, incubators score 0
yesss.gif

In my defense.....

Katie is our 10 year old granddaughter. She is mildly autistic and has been our very best chicken sitter since she was 8 years old. Absolutely NO supervision required...she has a routine and she sticks to it! We've been out of town over a week and she's done a perfect job! So I won some eggs (I seem to have a bad habit of doing that!) and in the box were a Silkie, a Naked Neck, a Nankin, 2 Bantams, and a Cochin. She was all kinds of excited - she called it the start to her "silly flock". But the Silkie, the Nankin, and the Bantams were all clears. The Naked Neck and the Cochin are doing okay but have really loose air cells...so they are kinda iffy. She was pretty disappointed not to get the Silkie and Bantams, but Grampa bought her two Bantams at a local feed store. She was thrilled! Here she is putting one of her 2 Bantams under Mama Heating Pad, in with the two we hatched, Sweet Pea and Yokel (named our first hatched after @LocalYokel as promised) and a couple of others.

Then on another thread I was forced - coerced - hogtied - hornswaggled - into checking out RubyNala97's Silkie eggs and folks were so happy with her unique shipping and their great hatch rates that I said I might just have to consider that. The very next morning before school, Katie came over with her mom to drop off Kendra and she asked me if she could hang a couple of photos on my fridge. Of course! Aaaaand, there were 3 that she'd printed off the computer.....all Silkies. Um, yeah. So I thought about it most of the morning, then sent an ice-breaking PM to @RubyNala97

Look at that face after she read Ruby's PM - with photos of some of her Silkies. Now, YOU tell her no. I ain't gonna!

And that's how I came to be eligible for the May HAL. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

hugs.gif

I'm in, even though my last hatch was not very good, but i accidentally put 2 (lol) polish eggs in my bator last night, just 2 but they should be due 5/11
fl.gif

Oooohhhh I'm actually here from (almost) the beginning this time. Maybe I'll actually be able to keep up now! And actually set something one of these days....

celebrate.gif
yesss.gif

Oh yes yes yes..... the 44 eggs i have in the bator now are due May 9th. Then next week i receive my 12 eggs from my pet chicken and im ordering some black croads (pink eggs)
1f606.png
1f605.png
1f602.png
.oh how i love visiting and learning from all you chicken hatching peeps!
fl.gif

I'm here!!! I've got an incubator full of bantam, standard and duck eggs for a friend right now and my husband just texted me saying start collecting ours
1f602.png
1f602.png
he needs about 20 of our blk australarp and white leghorn/austra mixes.

yesss.gif

@Sally Sunshine @mlm Mike Whomever wants to link the link below to the OP go ahead.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...he-brave-hal-hosted-by-mike-sally-member-list
GOT IT!!! its in the OP now! Thank you Chaos!

I'm in. I'll have turkey poults hatching ask through May
smile.png
Awesome Jess!!

I have 4 turkey eggs under a broody and I have a dozen of silkie eggs on there way from Florida to me for my hen also and what ever is left from her will go in the incubator
fl.gif

frow.gif
frow.gif
I just saw this thread... I have 5 turkey eggs from a friend due to hatch in my incubator May 5 and I have Turkey Eggs from Horseshoe that I got in the 24 hr auction and Runner duck eggs from TJChickens that I got in the 24 hour swap.. These duck/turkey eggs are due to hatch May 14th which is also the day I am graduating from college.
celebrate.gif

I have a newly emptied incubator though I really need to get my hands on some chicken eggs to hatch in May
yippiechickie.gif
YES empty bator needs filled!!!

I need to build another incubator
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
to many eggs
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
YES GET ON THAT!!!! ha ha ha

Quote: Accidents happen all the time!
they do~!~

Quote:
highfive.gif
great thinking!

I will have guineas and chickens hatching all through may
clap.gif
sweet!!! WELCOME!!!

Quote:
fl.gif
highfive.gif

Hey! I've got Ancona duck eggs coming out of my ears here! I've got sportsman clear full to hatch may 1st and 8th plus a broody ohiki sitting on 6 more Ancona eggs.
Anyone need eggs for the hatchalong? Lol
clap.gif

I just now read the part about prizes. I missed that when I read the thread earlier!!... Coooool! Hatching eggs is fun, entering contests is fun... Thank you to the hosts of this thread and prize sponsors for giving us another chance to have some fun!!
I know!!! awesome right? @MyPetChicken

Quote:
I am overloaded too!! I cant keep setting them I am worn out already lol!!!

Hello everyone! Minihorse there you are!Anyhow I have 9 eggs under 2 hens that should hatch the first week of March. This will be my girls first hatch. The chicks will be a very mixed bunch.EE standard and bantam roosters over EE standard And bantam, Cochin, Light Brahma and Speckled Sussex hens.

frow.gif
Hi Everyone! I'm in!!
2 bators going at the moment but I am seriously considering getting (or making) a third one!
wee.gif
woot.gif
Welcome!

Hello everyone! Minihorse there you are!Anyhow I have 9 eggs under 2 hens that should hatch the first week of March. This will be my girls first hatch. The chicks will be a very mixed bunch.EE standard and bantam roosters over EE standard And bantam, Cochin, Light Brahma and Speckled Sussex hens.
Welcome!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom