May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

I just had a funny thought. I was looking at a pic of my hatching chick, and his egg tooth, it made me think of a dragon...
c.PNG
Sometimes dragons are depicted with a horn on their nose, Dragons probably hatch from an egg too. Just a thought.
winm.PNG

Ladies I need some advise and I know it’s a stretch but I pulled my last cockatiel egg from the nest to candle it and it felt wrong. Like it was empty. It still looked a little pink but the bottom was black. I watched it for a long time and saw zilch. I saw there was a toe nail hole from the parents and the look of it I figured it was dead. I should have put it through the egg buddy but hindsight being 20/20 and all that...So at least I always eggtopsy starting at the air cell. I got a small window into the air cell and swore I saw movement. 🤔This baby is shrink wrapped in the shell so now I’m sitting there staring in this little egg and I’ll be damned if I can’t see this chick breathing. 🤬so now I’m digging for my sterile saline and kicking myself in the ass for not double checking with the egg buddy 😔so drops of saline in and the membrane comes alive bright red. So I added several drops of saline to the membrane and tucked this little bugger into a bowl in my brooder. Has anybody here ever done an assisted hatch on a shrink wrap? Idk if I can keep it going long enough to absorb everything. I can’t believe I screwed up so big

Ladies I need some advise and I know it’s a stretch but I pulled my last cockatiel egg from the nest to candle it and it felt wrong. Like it was empty. It still looked a little pink but the bottom was black. I watched it for a long time and saw zilch. I saw there was a toe nail hole from the parents and the look of it I figured it was dead. I should have put it through the egg buddy but hindsight being 20/20 and all that...So at least I always eggtopsy starting at the air cell. I got a small window into the air cell and swore I saw movement. 🤔This baby is shrink wrapped in the shell so now I’m sitting there staring in this little egg and I’ll be damned if I can’t see this chick breathing. 🤬so now I’m digging for my sterile saline and kicking myself in the ass for not double checking with the egg buddy 😔so drops of saline in and the membrane comes alive bright red. So I added several drops of saline to the membrane and tucked this little bugger into a bowl in my brooder. Has anybody here ever done an assisted hatch on a shrink wrap? Idk if I can keep it going long enough to absorb everything. I can’t believe I screwed up so big

Sorry I am no help. I hope it comes through okay!

Back
Top Bottom