May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Where does everyone buy fertile eggs? Here on BYC or ebay? Any other places I should check?
Look local, search Facebook for poultry groups in your area, Craigslist, and check your state thread on here. I have a fear of the shipped eggs, this is my first hatch so no experience really, just read to many horror stories. eBay has some but I really think the prices are nuts.

Where does everyone buy fertile eggs? Here on BYC or ebay? Any other places I should check?
I see your in Bama? Just a heads up, one of the Facebook groups I’m in for Georgia, there has been a bunch of reports about, a guy in Douglasville, Ga selling sick chickens. All respiratory issues, seems pretty bad. I would stay away from anyone in that area.. he’s been reported to the state so we see what happens.

If you can post pictures of it because I am unfamiliar with that type of incubator and maybe we can figure a way to lower it together.

Attachments

• 2EA23F36-A177-4DCD-9122-6DF73411136B.jpeg
    2EA23F36-A177-4DCD-9122-6DF73411136B.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 8
  • C2CB6C94-3032-460F-8DDA-F514AFB99FF7.jpeg
    C2CB6C94-3032-460F-8DDA-F514AFB99FF7.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 8
You probably already wrote this, but what day are you on for your incubation?

I would just leave the humidity as it is right now and just let it go down by itself because I am unsure how to remove water from an incubator like that one without you losing heat in the process.

Do you like that incubator? It looks interesting and I want to get one that's similar. Right now I have 2 farm innovator 4250 incubators.

I’m super upset right now I just got home from a run to get propane and I went in to turn my eggs and I got in the room and something smelled electrical hot and we looked and looked and my egg thermometer in my incubator is reading 102 😳🤬I have one of the egg shaped internal temp ones in the center of the group. What is worse is the hygrometer/ thermometer at the outside of the group at egg level was reading 106.1 😭🤯😡🥵🤬🤬🤬😱 I’m now prepared to have lost the entire bunch I knew I shouldn’t have set them in this damn thing . I hate this analog dial it never seems to hold a steady enough temp. *sigh* I just want to 😭 I just lost $40 in eggs which I’m sure to some of you is nothing but for me right this minute that is a pretty big investment. It’s seriously a weeks pay. 😞

I’m super upset right now I just got home from a run to get propane and I went in to turn my eggs and I got in the room and something smelled electrical hot and we looked and looked and my egg thermometer in my incubator is reading 102 😳🤬I have one of the egg shaped internal temp ones in the center of the group. What is worse is the hygrometer/ thermometer at the outside of the group at egg level was reading 106.1 😭🤯😡🥵🤬🤬🤬😱 I’m now prepared to have lost the entire bunch I knew I shouldn’t have set them in this damn thing . I hate this analog dial it never seems to hold a steady enough temp. *sigh* I just want to 😭 I just lost $40 in eggs which I’m sure to some of you is nothing but for me right this minute that is a pretty big investment. It’s seriously a weeks pay. 😞
Don’t give up! How long where you gone for? From everything I’ve read a temp drop or spike over a small amount of time, won’t hurt. Fix temp, deep breath, and keep going, only way to know is at candeling time.

Back
Top Bottom