May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Huston, we have early chirping. One of these eggs needs someone to talk too.
IMG_20200526_165842.jpg

Hatch day for the mutts is Thursday, locked them down yesterday.

Hmmm well what would your answer be :tongue
What I don't want (you know I wasn't judging). We enable.

I have mutts, Barred Rocks, Golden Comets, Ameracunas (sp), White Rocks, Green Queens (production green layer), and a Silver Laced Wyandotte Roo.

I want Blue and splash Maran, creme legbar, Delaware, light Sussex, light Dorkings, Dominiques, and a New Hampshire Roo (that is nice). The latest addition to the list is Guniea Fowl, I believe that is someone's fault on this hatch-a-long.

Once I've acquired my list (I will of course change my mind, no wait that isn't right). I'll stop hatching mutts. :)

Lets here everyone else's, To get list. :D

What I don't want (you know I wasn't judging). We enable.

I have mutts, Barred Rocks, Golden Comets, Ameracunas (sp), White Rocks, Green Queens (production green layer), and a Silver Laced Wyandotte Roo.

I want Blue and splash Maran, creme legbar, Delaware, light Sussex, light Dorkings, Dominiques, and a New Hampshire Roo (that is nice). The latest addition to the list is Guniea Fowl, I believe that is someone's fault on this hatch-a-long.

Once I've acquired my list (I will of course change my mind, no wait that isn't right). I'll stop hatching mutts. :)

Lets here everyone else's, To get list. :D
I have what I want already but I always want more

So, as I was putting the youngsters back in the brooder to go inside for the night, I noticed one has no tail. 😂 So I checked closer and there are a few nub feathers, so not really zero tail, but he(? maybe) is definitely not like the others. Legs are greenish, too. Not sure how I didn't see the lack of tail before now but I guess I'm barn blind.
IMG_20200526_170048.jpg

And most of the others, I believe I skipped one of the solid blacks as there are 8 total. I'm 99% this first black one is a cockerel and he's a noisy, mean little dude already 😂 I have my guesses on the others but it's early.

IMG_20200526_170751.jpg

IMG_20200526_170445.jpg

IMG_20200526_170329.jpg

IMG_20200526_165912.jpg

IMG_20200526_165753_1.jpg

IMG_20200526_165607.jpg

Final Marans tally: Received 9 eggs, 7 went into lockdown, one was infertile, one was an early quitter. Of the seven, two are black copper Marans, two are “black” blue birchen and three are “blue” blue birchen. Was hoping for at least one splash, but all good! I placed leg bands on them so I could tell the difference later! I had to assist the last two as they had only pipped and had been about 26 hours without any progress made. One of them has a little bit of a twisted foot, hoping this will straighten out. This was the one that was pipping from the back. I will post photos when they’ve all fluffed up and look cute! :love

Back
Top Bottom