May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Well I moved the 3 hatched into the brooder as they knocked the thermometer on to the remaining egg. Thought I'd check it out. No pips or noises. So candles. No movements. Tried the water test and its quarter floating but not moving
It will float due to the air cell. You have to wait until the water movement from placing the egg in it in stops and then see if there’s any movement. It has likely passed. Your call if you want to cull it now or wait a few more days.
please post photos of your little fluffed up chicks that made it though!😊❤️

Just thought I’d post a few photos of the chicks we’ve decided to keep so far. They have names of course already!:)
besides the little Marans chick who needed therapy, whose name is Frida we have:

Jane, calico silkie
59BEC3F8-3D98-4D82-BA2C-CB671DC1DCB3.jpeg

Pip, lavender silkie
46FAC5DC-A369-4D04-995A-213318936E50.jpeg

Daisy, Blue Birchen Marans
E33C8FF2-0329-411B-BC29-E484EB9C96C8.jpeg

It will float due to the air cell. You have to wait until the water movement from placing the egg in it in stops and then see if there’s any movement. It has likely passed. Your call if you want to cull it now or wait a few more days.
please post photos of your little fluffed up chicks that made it though!😊
Thank you I'm just heading to bed
I think I will call it tomorrow. I know the kids will be a little upset but this was no guarantee as it was literally just a tesco shop egg that ended up fertile !
I'll get pictures tomorrow and spam you all Haha!
I'm just chuffed that my home made incubator cobbles together made it all the way though with minimal problems and have 3 very happy chicks . Although I've had to put them under the brooder plate twice already because they got out and coulsnt figure out how to get back in and just chipped at me for a while!

Back
Top Bottom