May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

I'll take better pictures tomorrow but 16 sweet little peeps hatched and the last Silkie is finally hatched and drying off in the incubator! All should be Silkies and Millie Fleur D'uccles but I think I have at least one more impostor because a Millie hatched out black, lol. I've been batting a thousand with these sneaky roosters lately and the breeder said a neighboring cochin took a liking to one of her Millies. lol :lau

Also both of the turkeys are pipped!

View attachment 2167038
View attachment 2167044
Come on turkey turkey. What kind are they?

I've tried candling my Cream Legbar eggs again on day 14 (today,) and I'm about ready to just wing it and hope for the best. I cannot see anything in these eggs - except, possibly, the air cell. I have been weighing though, and I'm just going to have to go by that I guess.
I am hatching blue eggs as well, and they are harder then Marans to see anything. I just went by weight for the most part and weighed them altogether, then divided by number of eggs to get an average weight and plotted that weight on the graph. I almost culled one of the eggs when the individual weight did not change AT ALL the last 10 days of incubation and that is the first one that hatched! There is hope! :love

Hatch day for my mamas today. They’ve been sharing 14 eggs and so far we have 5 fully hatched and several more on their ways. Here’s the first baby that I’m already madly in love with :love
38F86205-1FDC-439F-A214-36C82C6BBBCB.jpeg

@TheBajan They actually look okay to me. As someone else said, maybe a touch on the small side but not horrible at all. They'll draw down soon for hatch. Soon after, they'll internally pip. Some time after, you'll begin to see external pips. That's when you need the humidity up. If you can keep checking, you can wait 'til then to add some warm water. If you can't do that, it's fine to add the water on day 20 and lock down.

Back
Top Bottom