May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
I believe one of my eggs has a crack in it but nothing else is happening yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20210429_150836340.jpg
    IMG_20210429_150836340.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 3
Day 14 Candling- only 1 of the 12 looks like it's not viable. This is my first time using an incubator where the eggs lay on their side (Brinsea). I'm not sure how judge loss because the veins and baby is laying sideways. Does that make sense?

Attachments

• egg6.jpg
    egg6.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 2
  • egg5.jpg
    egg5.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 2
  • egg4.jpg
    egg4.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
  • egg3.jpg
    egg3.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
  • egg2.jpg
    egg2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 2
  • Egg1.jpg
    Egg1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 3
Seems my mixed flock isnt having the best luck. Lots of clears and my first blood ring. Later eggs are doing a bit better so ill have chicks hatching from the 15th onwards.
Coturnix eggs went in yesterday and I expect a few chicks from them. Duck eggs due to arrive Tuesday, darn delays. Thankfully after speaking to the seller he had held off shipping due a long weekend we had and sent fresh eggs so they will be 7 days old on Tuesday.

I don’t know if the hens are down to four eggs, or three. Since all six should have been fertile, I’m assuming it’s four. Regardless, one rotten egg was rolled out of the nest, across the coop (12’), and to the door. I accidentally stepped on it. :lol: It wasn’t the worst thing ever, and I’m so glad it was outside, but the stink and sight were not pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom